Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

acserverctl for Windows

keith_berson Absent Member.
Absent Member.
0 0 1,340

AccuRev includes a utility for controlling the operation of the AccuRev Server and Database Server on *NIX machines via a file called acserverctl.  This script, run from a terminal window, allows you to start and stop these services, as well as check on their status.  Being the power command line user that I am, I got tired of trying to use this same command while in a CMD window in Windows, so I set about reproducing it via a batch file. Yes, I can open the Services Window to manage things, but I wanted something I could run from the command line rather than opening another window.  The results, which you can download in Files section, is acserverctl.bat. All I can say, is wow, has DOS batch files come a long way.  When did they add functions that accept parameters? Very useful.

Using acserverctl.bat is simple. After downloading, place the file somewhere on your PATH so it is available, I like to use the AccuRev server bin folder, which also needs to be on the PATH.

Type acserverctl to see the command line argument options.

Lastly, this is to be taken as is.  I've been using it for several months now, tweaking it as I find issues. If you're a power CLI user like myself, you might want to add this to your tool kit.

Keith

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.