Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
JamieMills Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP ART - Setting Logo

I am working in the Adoption Readiness Tool and am trying to customize a template.  I have followed all of the directions listed under Chapter 15 of the User Manual - Using Author Templates.  I have inserted what I want to be the logo under Publications > Default Publication Settings > Course > Course User Interface Settings > Logo.  However, when I create a new document using the new template, the Logo does not show up, but all other alterations show (i.e. Player Colors, etc).  Can anyone help direct me to get the logo showing on the template?

0 Likes
2 Replies
DabovS Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HP ART - Setting Logo

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll would like to pin point you to the following document CustomizingHPARTTemplatesandSkins (pin to this post) which will help you out with the logo procedure.

From the post I'm not sure that I'm fully undestand you, regarding the upload that you are making, please keep in mind that if you are trying to add a logo - there are a few places in the template to be added. 

For example the procedure that you are using : <<Publications > Default Publication Settings > Course > Course User Interface Settings > Logo>> will add logo only into the ART Course, but not in the Document and the Recording.

The guide that I upload here will refer you to the places within the Template that you need to change in order to have logo in Documents/Recording/Website. Please take a look into chapter - Modifying the Document Logo, page 11.

Best,

Sam

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
DabovS Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: HP ART - Setting Logo

EDIT: For whatever reason I'm not able to upload the guide to the site. :(  I'll write it here manually, please find below:

Adding a Custom Logo to Courses

You can easily change the look and feel of courses by adding your logo. The logo appears in two places: Course and Documentation.

Modifying the Course Logo

Before you can update the image on a course, you must first add the image to the general images group. To update the course logo, perform the following tasks in your template,

ART5_CompanyName_Template_1-0.udt:

Adding Image to the Images Group

1. Open your template and navigate to the General tab>Images>Add button.1.jpg

2. Navigate to the location of your company logo on your local or share drive and select the image. The image is added to the images list.

The optimal size is approximately136x75 pixels.

2.jpg

Replacing the Course Logo

1. Navigate to the Publications tab and select the Default Publications Setting> Course>Course User Interface Settings>HPART-Rounded - Company Name.

3.jpg

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Logo section. From the Logo drop-down, select your image.

4.jpg

Note: The Preview window in the template does not display the new logo. To view the logo, you must preview or publish an eLearning course file.

Modifying the Document Logo

Updating the logo for documents is also easy but needs to be done separately.

1. Open your template and navigate to Blocks tab>Header.

5.jpg

2. In the Content section, right-click the HP logo.

6.jpg

3. Click Edit Image.

7.jpg

4. Browse to the location of your company logo on your local or share drive and select the image.

5. Click Open.

6. Click Insert.

8.jpg

7. Save the template. ART documents now display the new logo in the header.

Hope this help out, if you have more questions regarding customization, please pm me.

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.