Absent Member.. Sigve Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to change template to a pre-recorded simulation or a course

Jump to solution

I have problems finding out how to change the template associated with a simulation or a course.

I have several source files available, but I want to change to my locally made template before publishing.

And how do I do that?

Thankful for any tips.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. DenisStanimirov Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to change template to a pre-recorded simulation or a course

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Once you created a recording, the only way to change the template is to create a new empty recording(simulation), using the new template you want to use, and add the steps :

Insert ->Steps->From Document and select your current recording.
About the Try me and Show me notes - they are provided, as separate listings in the default HP ART Template.

If you are using a custom one, you need to do the following to insert such notes:
1. When you have a recording opened, go to: Insert-> Note -> Note
2. After a note is inserted, right click on it and go to “Edit Note”
3. From there, when you are in the General tab, you have to check one of the following:
- “Launch Demonstration” for a Show me note
- “Launch Practice Lesson” for a Try me note

As for the courses you can add the old course into the one with the new template by selecting:

Course view/ Insert/ Import from course.

Then select the file and click OK.

Then a window iImport from course is being opened and you should select the items you want to be imported.

Best regards,

Denis Stanimirov

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. DenisStanimirov Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Once you created a recording, the only way to change the template is to create a new empty recording(simulation), using the new template you want to use, and add the steps :

Insert ->Steps->From Document and select your current recording.
About the Try me and Show me notes - they are provided, as separate listings in the default HP ART Template.

If you are using a custom one, you need to do the following to insert such notes:
1. When you have a recording opened, go to: Insert-> Note -> Note
2. After a note is inserted, right click on it and go to “Edit Note”
3. From there, when you are in the General tab, you have to check one of the following:
- “Launch Demonstration” for a Show me note
- “Launch Practice Lesson” for a Try me note

As for the courses you can add the old course into the one with the new template by selecting:

Course view/ Insert/ Import from course.

Then select the file and click OK.

Then a window iImport from course is being opened and you should select the items you want to be imported.

Best regards,

Denis Stanimirov

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sigve Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks - that did the trick 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.