Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Susan_L Absent Member..
Absent Member..

MP3 bitrate for ART audio files

Jump to solution

I am trying to record some audio files and import them into ART.  Is there are recommended bit rate to use?  These files are recordings of a human voice and sound effects, such as radio static.  Is 64 kbps adequate?  Is 128 kbps needed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DabovS Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: MP3 bitrate for ART audio files

Jump to solution

Hey Susan, 

Sam, here from ART support.  I just saw your post on the forums and I see that you are trying to import some cool sound effects to the course/simulation. 

• You may want to tune up the volume for the recorded voice over a third-party application such as example: Audacity (is free for download - http://www.audacityteam.org/).  
  • In ART tool you can adjust the following fields for audio and give it a try: 

Specifying Course and Simulation Audio Options 

1. Open ART Editor.
  2. Select Tools> Options...on the main window. (For version 5.2 the command is File>Preference)
  3. Click Audioon the left pane.
  4. Complete the following fields:

1.png 

Using Audio Files

Audio files can help guide the end user through the course and provide supplemental information. Each page or step within a course or simulation can have a supported audio file - MP3 or WAV - associated with the content.

Note: Audio files must be in MP3 format to run on an iPad.

HP ART allows you to incorporate audio two ways:

• Create an audio recording from directly within the application. This capability is excellent for quick, simple recordings that will not require further editing or processing. By default, recording audio within HP ART will create WAV files. To convert WAV files to MP3, refer toInstalling LAME.
  • Import an audio file created with an external audio editor application. Using an external audio editor allows you more flexibility to enhance or edit your audio recording.

If using WAV files, ANCILE recommends using the following settings to avoid distortion in the published output.

2.png 

• Also here is the article to try apply when the course/simulation is already published, this should allow you to hear audio.

HP ART - Audio is not being reproduced 

HP ART use Adobe Flash for audio playback. When reproducing simulations locally, the Adobe Global Security Settings must be set to "Always Allow" in order to be able to hear audio.

In order to change the Global Security Settings, please follow the steps below:

1. Please navigate to Page - Media Flash Player Settings.
  2. Click on the Global Security Settings tab.
  3. Select "Always Allow".
  4. Close the Browser.
  5. View and listen to the published course.

Hope this helps out,

Sam

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Yavor313 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,
Could you describe more briefly the issue that you are facing thank you.
What is the effect for your audio that you are seeking ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I am recording sound effects for a training class.  For example, a loudspeaker with interference. 

Currently, the files don't play very loud in ART preview mode, and when I publish the course, the sound files don't play at all.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
DabovS Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey Susan, 

Sam, here from ART support.  I just saw your post on the forums and I see that you are trying to import some cool sound effects to the course/simulation. 

• You may want to tune up the volume for the recorded voice over a third-party application such as example: Audacity (is free for download - http://www.audacityteam.org/).  
  • In ART tool you can adjust the following fields for audio and give it a try: 

Specifying Course and Simulation Audio Options 

1. Open ART Editor.
  2. Select Tools> Options...on the main window. (For version 5.2 the command is File>Preference)
  3. Click Audioon the left pane.
  4. Complete the following fields:

1.png 

Using Audio Files

Audio files can help guide the end user through the course and provide supplemental information. Each page or step within a course or simulation can have a supported audio file - MP3 or WAV - associated with the content.

Note: Audio files must be in MP3 format to run on an iPad.

HP ART allows you to incorporate audio two ways:

• Create an audio recording from directly within the application. This capability is excellent for quick, simple recordings that will not require further editing or processing. By default, recording audio within HP ART will create WAV files. To convert WAV files to MP3, refer toInstalling LAME.
  • Import an audio file created with an external audio editor application. Using an external audio editor allows you more flexibility to enhance or edit your audio recording.

If using WAV files, ANCILE recommends using the following settings to avoid distortion in the published output.

2.png 

• Also here is the article to try apply when the course/simulation is already published, this should allow you to hear audio.

HP ART - Audio is not being reproduced 

HP ART use Adobe Flash for audio playback. When reproducing simulations locally, the Adobe Global Security Settings must be set to "Always Allow" in order to be able to hear audio.

In order to change the Global Security Settings, please follow the steps below:

1. Please navigate to Page - Media Flash Player Settings.
  2. Click on the Global Security Settings tab.
  3. Select "Always Allow".
  4. Close the Browser.
  5. View and listen to the published course.

Hope this helps out,

Sam

Micro Focus Software Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Great information!  Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.