I'm having trouble publishing courses. I am able to publish it from ART, but I don't know how I can let others in my team actually take the course. There are folders within folders and I don't know what I need to upload to our sharepoint for my team. Can someone help me with this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
It's not a problem just provide me with your email adress, so I can Schedule the meeting and send you the invite.
Here is the information, regarding publishing and uploading and locating the files to your systems
Publish a Course
• To publish a course, select File|Publish|Publish Current… from the main menu.
• Within the Publish window, perform the following steps:
1. Use the check boxes to select the desired output modes.
2. Browse to the desired Outbox location for the published files.
3. Click the Publish button.
• A progress window displays showing the publishing status.
• When finished, you are prompted with the Publishing summary window with links to each of the selected output modes. You can view the course by selecting the associated link. This example shows only the HTML link.
Locating Published Course Output Files
To access your published output files, navigate to the Outbox folder specified when publishing your course. The course output folder will have the same name as your course file. Navigate to the html folder to access your course output file.
You can share the course output files using the steps below:
1. Rename the html folder to match the name of your course.
2. Upload the folder to a Share drive or Web Server.
Publishing Files for LMS Deployment
To upload your published course to an LMS, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Template.
2. Make the following template modifications:
Note: The template is configured such that 70% is a passing score. This value can be customized using the Passing score field. Additionally, you can control what questions the user can retake at the end of the assessment (if the learner fails the assessment):
3. Save the Template.
4. Open the course.
5. Publish the course, taking note of the output location.
6. Navigate to your output folder.
7. A folder will be created with the same name as your course file.
8. Navigate to the course > html folder.
9. The individual LMS files are created at this root level. There is also an LMS Package .zip file. This is the file that you need to send to your LMS administrator. All other files can be removed.
Note: It is recommended that you go back and disable the Create Package template option during the development phase of your project to avoid creating additional LMS files during the publishing process.
Tell me if this information wasn in somekind of usage to you.
Yes, this was helpful, but I can't seem to upload an entire foler to our sharepoint. Maybe I should ask this question instead: I am trying to create training courses for my internal team, so I need to be able to post the courses somewhere where other Micro Focus employees can get to them easily. I don't need them to collaborate on the courses, they will actually be taking the courses and learning from them. What is a good option to do this? I have read about the ELE server, but I can't get my ART software to connect to it.
What is the exact version of your art.
You can check that by : Starting the tool>Launch editor>(on the top right corner there is an question mark), click on the question mark> than click (About)> Make a screen shot and upload it to the ticket.
In addition I'm uploading the ART 5.3 Quick Reference Guide, inside the guide there are step by step pictures that will help you understand how to upload your content to your sharepoint/ server / VM, just navigate the guideline to page 101 - 107.
Please tell me if that information was in some kind of help to you and your team.
Thanks for the info. I have attached the screenshot of my ART version info. Can you also help me understand if the ELE server is what I need? Would my team be able to access it? Can I store my courses in their own section or playlist so my team doesn't have to search for each one?
Basically the ELE server is exactly what you need, but I don't have the necesary documentation, regarding your query, however I've FW this interaction with our ELE representatives who are of best practicve with the ELE server and it's features.
Once I hear from them will let you know how to proceed with the deployment of your courses.
Can you kindly provide me with your availability for this week, so I can schedule a meeting with you and our ELE representative and product menager.
I look forward hearing from you.
I am out of the office this week, but I have a fairly open schedule next week. My only conflicts are Monday morning at 9:30am EST and 10:30am EST. Other than that, I work Eastern Standard AMS hours, so feel free to look me up and ping me or send me a meeting invitation.
Thank you for the follow up.
I'll try to schedule a meeting for next Monday or Thuesday, My support time zone is EMEA, but I can try to fill in a gap between 10:00 - 11:00 am EDT.
Tell me how does that sound and I'll send the invites.
Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.