Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Publishing a Course

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm having trouble publishing courses.  I am able to publish it from ART, but I don't know how I can let others in my team actually take the course.  There are folders within folders and I don't know what I need to upload to our sharepoint for my team.  Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Danika

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yavor313 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Publishing a Course

Jump to solution

Hi Danika,

It's not a problem just provide me with your email adress, so I can Schedule the meeting and send you the invite.

Best Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
14 Replies
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello DanIka,

Here is the information, regarding publishing and uploading and locating the files to your systems

Publish a Course

• To publish a course, select File|Publish|Publish Current… from the main menu.
• Within the Publish window, perform the following steps:

1. Use the check boxes to select the desired output modes.

2. Browse to the desired Outbox location for the published files.

3. Click the Publish button.

• A progress window displays showing the publishing status.
• When finished, you are prompted with the Publishing summary window with links to each of the selected output modes. You can view the course by selecting the associated link. This example shows only the HTML link.

Locating Published Course Output Files

To access your published output files, navigate to the Outbox folder specified when publishing your course. The course output folder will have the same name as your course file. Navigate to the html folder to access your course output file.

You can share the course output files using the steps below:
1. Rename the html folder to match the name of your course.

2. Upload the folder to a Share drive or Web Server.

Publishing Files for LMS Deployment

To upload your published course to an LMS, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Template.

2. Make the following template modifications:
Note: The template is configured such that 70% is a passing score. This value can be customized using the Passing score field. Additionally, you can control what questions the user can retake at the end of the assessment (if the learner fails the assessment):

3. Save the Template.

4. Open the course.

5. Publish the course, taking note of the output location.

6. Navigate to your output folder.

7. A folder will be created with the same name as your course file.

8. Navigate to the course > html folder.

9. The individual LMS files are created at this root level. There is also an LMS Package .zip file. This is the file that you need to send to your LMS administrator. All other files can be removed.
Note: It is recommended that you go back and disable the Create Package template option during the development phase of your project to avoid creating additional LMS files during the publishing process.

Tell me if this information wasn in somekind of usage to you.

Kind Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Javi,

Yes, this was helpful, but I can't seem to upload an entire foler to our sharepoint.  Maybe I should ask this question instead: I am trying to create training courses for my internal team, so I need to be able to post the courses somewhere where other Micro Focus employees can get to them easily.  I don't need them to collaborate on the courses, they will actually be taking the courses and learning from them.  What is a good option to do this?  I have read about the ELE server, but I can't get my ART software to connect to it.  

Danika

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Danika,

What is the exact version of your art.
You can check that by : Starting the tool>Launch editor>(on the top right corner there is an question mark), click on the question mark> than click (About)> Make a screen shot and upload it to the ticket.

In addition I'm uploading the ART 5.3 Quick Reference Guide, inside the guide there are step by step pictures that will help you understand how to upload your content to your sharepoint/ server / VM, just navigate the guideline to page 101 - 107.

Please tell me if that information was in some kind of help to you and your team.

Kind Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Javi,

Thanks for the info.  I have attached the screenshot of my ART version info.  Can you also help me understand if the ELE server is what I need?  Would my team be able to access it?  Can I store my courses in their own section or playlist so my team doesn't have to search for each one?

Thanks,

Danika

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Danika,

Basically the ELE server is exactly what you need, but I don't have the necesary documentation, regarding your query, however I've FW this interaction with our ELE representatives who are of best practicve with the ELE server and it's features.
Once I hear from them will let you know how to proceed with the deployment of your courses.

Kind Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Javi,

Ok perfect, thank you!

Danika

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Danika,

Can you kindly provide me with your availability for this week, so I can schedule a meeting with you and our ELE representative and product menager.

I look forward hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Javi,

I am out of the office this week, but I have a fairly open schedule next week.  My only conflicts are Monday morning at 9:30am EST and 10:30am EST.  Other than that, I work Eastern Standard AMS hours, so feel free to look me up and ping me or send me a meeting invitation.

Thanks!

Danika

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Danika,

Thank you for the follow up.

I'll try to schedule a meeting for next Monday or Thuesday, My support time zone is EMEA, but I can try to fill in a gap between 10:00 - 11:00 am EDT.
Tell me how does that sound and I'll send the invites.

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Javi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.