Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. tony sanchez_1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Recording a simulation does not work ( Windows 8.1 on Vmware instance )

Our organisation has purchased some licences for ART 5.3 and I am performing UAT on the install package.

Everything appears to work fine except that I cannot seem to record any simulations ( either of a browser window or an application )

No steps are created in the simulation tab

Are there any known issues working in a vmware instance ?

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes
22 Replies
Yavor313 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Recording a simulation does not work ( Windows 8.1 on Vmware instance )

Hello Tony,

Sorry for the delayed response.
Can you kindly give me additional information regarding UAT and what exactlly did you perform on it ?
Also if it's possible to confirm if your VM environment is covering any of the requirements from this FAQ Guideline i'm attaching to this thread.

| look forward hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Yavor

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Yavor,

The Art dev kit is installed on the same environment where the simulations are taken from.

As you can see from the attached screenshot,  no steps are being recorded ( either in application mode or active window mode )

I have taken the same install files and tried the install on a non-work environment ( a windows 10 vmware session ) and I can succesfully record simulations there.

So there appears to be an issue with the software packaging and something has not been installed correctly.

The difficulty is determining what.  Can you team provide any insights to which components might not be working properly/missing ?

Thanks
Tony

Respected Contributor..

Yavor,

Please find attached the log files generated by the ART dev kit when attempting a simulation.

Hopefully these are of some help

Thanks
Tony

Respected Contributor.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the follow up,

Can you kindly provide me with your template file and your project file as well in order to try and run them on my environment.

Also can you kindly check on your ART version and provide me the exact version that you're using.

And one last thing can you go to programs and features and check for Capture Engine by ANCILE Solutions.
I would need the version of the capture engine too.

Thank you in advance and i look forward hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Yavor

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Yavor,

Capture Engine by Ancile  6.30.7

Art version 5.30.1.55

Attached is the recording file I have been attempting to use and the standard template we are using

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hello Tony,

I hope my message finds you well and sorry for the delayed response.

I've forward the data that I requested from you to our backline team and they have come with 2 questions that I would need you to asnwer for them.
1st. Can you kindly confirm that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and Visual JSharp .NET Redistributable packages are installed. (see screenshot attachment.)

2nd.  Again kindly confirm whether the recorder window actually opens, or whether the ART editor simply opens to a simulation with zero steps.

We would need this information regarding our backline's investigation.

Thank you in advance and I'll make sure to keep you posted once I have an update.
Have a great and successfull week.

Kind Regards,

Yavor

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Yavor,

Please find attached a screenshot of the installed packages.

With regards to your second question,   the recording window does appear but at the conculsion of the recording,  there are no steps in the simulation tab

Thanks
Tony

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the provided information, but there is one last thing i'll need from you for the backline team and that is the System log files.
To this thread i'm adding few little steps on how to collect system logs from your art.
Please make sure to send the system logs from art to this post.
Thank you in advance and here are the steps: 

1. Open ART Client.
  2. Locate the Question Mark (?) icon on the top right and click on the Triangle icon.
  3. Click Generate Support File.
  4. Check mark all boxes.
  5. Click Create File. A zip file with the name SysInfo_xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.zip will be created on the Desktop.
  6. Upload the SysInfo_xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.zip file into the support ticket.

Kind Regards,

Yavor

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Apologies,  I have been off work.

Please find attached the requested log file

Thanks
Tony

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.