Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Susan_L Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Video settings

Jump to solution

I inserted a video (mp4) into my HP Art course and when I publish the file, the video includes scroll bars down the side and at the bottom.  Even if I maximize my screen when navigating the course, the video dimenstions are too large and require scrolling to view portions of the video.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?  Do I need to edit the video to resize it?  If so, what should it be sized to?  Are there setting within ART that will handle the video display and fix this problem?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yavor313 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Video settings

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry for the delay on this answer I found this discussion in another user forum:

If your users will be viewing the content at a resolution of 1280 x 1024, it might make sense to record the content at a slightly smaller resolution so that the entire window will fit at that resolution without scroll bars and without resizing the screen image.

That said, you can set the maximum screen size and screen size to something smaller than the resolution at which you are recording to make sure it all fits if you'd rather not re-record at a smaller resolution. This will require resizing of the screens which can result in some blurriness, however.

For our Learning Series presentations, we want the playback to be able to display at 1024 x 768 without scrolling. We record them at 1024 x 768, then configure the Screen setting to 950 x 850, and the Maximum Screen size to 891 x 668. I came to these numbers through testing and trial and error.

Again, this will result in some degradation of the screen image quality, since the Maximum Screen size is smaller than the actual screen size. We were going for the "lowest common denominator" in our case since we don't know how small the screens of our viewers will be. 1024 x 768 also tends to be best for viewing on mobile devices.

I hope this information was in somekind of use to you.

Regards,
Yavor

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yavor313 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Video settings

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry for the delay on this answer I found this discussion in another user forum:

If your users will be viewing the content at a resolution of 1280 x 1024, it might make sense to record the content at a slightly smaller resolution so that the entire window will fit at that resolution without scroll bars and without resizing the screen image.

That said, you can set the maximum screen size and screen size to something smaller than the resolution at which you are recording to make sure it all fits if you'd rather not re-record at a smaller resolution. This will require resizing of the screens which can result in some blurriness, however.

For our Learning Series presentations, we want the playback to be able to display at 1024 x 768 without scrolling. We record them at 1024 x 768, then configure the Screen setting to 950 x 850, and the Maximum Screen size to 891 x 668. I came to these numbers through testing and trial and error.

Again, this will result in some degradation of the screen image quality, since the Maximum Screen size is smaller than the actual screen size. We were going for the "lowest common denominator" in our case since we don't know how small the screens of our viewers will be. 1024 x 768 also tends to be best for viewing on mobile devices.

I hope this information was in somekind of use to you.

Regards,
Yavor

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.