UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commander
Commander

Appliance is under maintenance

Jump to solution

Hello community

I have two Advanced Authentication Appliances. I created a Cluster configuration where the first appliance act as Global Master server. Now I intend to implement the second server in this cluster. But this is not possible because when I log in on the second Adv.Auth. Server, I get the error "Appliance is under maintenance".

Does somebody know how I can change the maintenance mode of the server in a running mode?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ramon

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commander
Commander

Hi George

The problem was caused by an incorrect dns resolution on the docker system. I had to ad manually hosts entries on the docker then i was able to reregister the device and the maintenance was not more on "maintenance mode"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't know how exactly, but the original issue was solved while I was on vacation.

Ramon, can you share some brief information on how did you solve the "Appliance is under maintenance" issue?

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi George

The problem was caused by an incorrect dns resolution on the docker system. I had to ad manually hosts entries on the docker then i was able to reregister the device and the maintenance was not more on "maintenance mode"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commander
Commander
Hi George. If you need, I could post here a workaround, how I was able to solve the problem
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ramon,

Yes, it would be helpful.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi George

To solve this problem we had to work out a workaround. The individual steps are as follows:

On the console of the web server, log on to the server via the vCenter.
Enter the following commands on the console bash line.

systemctl stop aauth risk-service
docker-compose -p aaf -f /opt/aauth/docker-compose.yml -f /opt/aauth/docker-compose.sles.yml down -v
docker-compose -p risk -f /opt/risk/docker-compose.risk.yml down -v
systemctl start aauth risk-service
systemctl status aauth.service

Now we start the browser and type in the web server address: Example: https://192.168.100.26:9443 or https://fqdn:9443 (address of the web server that is causing problems).
Then we update the web server with the Ctrl-F5 key

We click the administration icon --> The installation wizard is started.
Now we choose "choose existing cluster
In the field "my dns hostname" we use the IP address instead of the fqdn

The next step is to switch back to the DB server, select the cluster menu and enter the IP address instead of the fqdn in the "Server host" field.
For the web server function we click on "Webserver" and on Register

Now we can switch back to the web server and finish the wizard by clicking on "Next".

We accessed on on the docker level with:

There we started a dig command to  www.google.com and a dig to our server. We saw, that from google we got an answer but not from our webserver

The problem was caused by DNS. We think a missing reverse-lookup entry in the DNS zone.

As workaround we did following.

cd /opt/aauth/
vim docker-compose.yml

under the ports section we added a new entry

extra_hosts:
     - "fqdn:youripaddress"
    - "fqdn2:youripaddress2"

as example
extra_hosts
     - "server01.mydomain.net:192.168.100.26"
     - "server02.mydomain.met:192.168.100.27"

save tge docker-compose.yml file
and restart the aauth services

/opt/aauth ./stop
/opt/aauth ./start

Access on docker leverl with
docker exec -it aaf_aucore_1 bash

cat /etc/hosts
Here you should see now the new entries you did before

ping you server and you should get answer
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.