Keng Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Dashboard Error after Apply Update 2 to 6.2

Jump to solution

Hi, I am facing the following error when accessing the AAF Dashboard after applying the Update 2 for AAF 6.2.

Dashboard Error.pngAAF Version.png

Anybody have any clue how to fix this ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Dashboard Error after Apply Update 2 to 6.2

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, just realized the path is not static.

Please execute a couple of commands:

docker logs aaf_searchd_1 > /tmp/searchd.log

grep -r "Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException" /tmp/searchd.log

In the output you should see the file you need to remove.

In my case it was: 

Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: misplaced codec footer (file truncated?): length=0 but footerLength==16 (resource=SimpleFSIndexInput(path="/usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes/0/indices/NFNZik8CTvCN42WD6YbDzQ/0/translog/translog-66.ckp"))

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

There is a workaround, please execute:

docker exec -it aaf_searchd_1 sh
rm /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes/0/indices/NFNZik8CTvCN42WD6YbDzQ/0/translog/translog-66.ckp
curl -XPOST -k -u "elastic:$(awk -F "=" '/es_password/ {print $2}' /opt/AuCore/data/es_data.json)" "https://localhost:9200/_cluster/reroute?retry_failed=true"

Then reboot the server.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

George,

I don't have the folder as per command

I am having the following

Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.18.54 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.22.58 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, just realized the path is not static.

Please execute a couple of commands:

docker logs aaf_searchd_1 > /tmp/searchd.log

grep -r "Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException" /tmp/searchd.log

In the output you should see the file you need to remove.

In my case it was: 

Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: misplaced codec footer (file truncated?): length=0 but footerLength==16 (resource=SimpleFSIndexInput(path="/usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes/0/indices/NFNZik8CTvCN42WD6YbDzQ/0/translog/translog-66.ckp"))

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

George,

I had removed the CKP file based on the steps given.

However when I am trying to execute the curl -XPOST command, I am receiving the following

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 12.17.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-07-12 at 12.17.58 PM.png

Rebooting the AA server.

Still the same dashboard error. 😂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.