Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
karakan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disabling selinux. Permanently?

Hello,

documentation requires to disable selinux beeore installing linux client (PAM module).

Customer complains very much about it.

Is it this limitation required only for installation time or selinux must be disabled permanently icl. run time?

Regards, Dariusz
Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Disabling selinux. Permanently?

Hi Dariusz,

I will clarify it with team tomorrow.
For now I can only say that in 6.0 the requirement will be removed.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

teysg;2473807 wrote:
I will clarify it with team tomorrow.

Hi Dariusz,

It was required not only for installation, permanently.
But as I said the requirement will be removed in 6.0 which will be released at the end of March.
0 Likes
karakan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great, George.
Thanks, Dariusz
0 Likes
jrochamtz
Visitor.

Hello George,

I installed AdvancedAuthLogonClients-6.2 on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 and it requires to disable SElinux permanently. Is there any instructive to create/activate custom SElinux rules and make pam client work with SElinux enabled?

Thank you!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

jrochamtz;2499113 wrote:
Hello George,

I installed AdvancedAuthLogonClients-6.2 on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 and it requires to disable SElinux permanently. Is there any instructive to create/activate custom SElinux rules and make pam client work with SElinux enabled?

Thank you!

Hello,

Our QA team just revalidated the related tests and they were able to install CentOS version 6.2.63 with SELINUX=enforcing.
Can you provide some more details about the issue?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.