Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Help with API and Helpdesk event

Jump to solution

Hi

I have the API working when signing into my own created endpoint and events. I can get a list of users so that works well. My problem is that I now need the authenticators that each user enrolled. In order to call that you call the following api:

GET /api/v1/users/{userid}/templates?login_session_id={sessionid}

When I call that from the API logged into my own endpoint and session, I get an error that says I need to be logged into the AdminUI or Helpdesk events in order to call that API.

I cannot figure out how to login to either the Helpdesk or AdminUI events. If I use my endpoint id and secret to get an endpoint session id and specify "Helpdesk" as an event, it just says the "Helpdesk" event is not found.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In the body of your logon call do something like this:

{
"method_id": "PASSWORD:1",
"user_name": "LOCAL\\username",
"event": "AdminUI",
"endpoint_session_id": "U6UMPlvnLtcoBQEOYvXqzcwgJqGtZuUq"
}

Instead of AdminUI you can use helpdesk.  The events determine what kind of logon is done.

Peggy Townsend
Novacoast

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Has nobody tried this before ?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I have used this API call but I used it only for the user who entered his username and password. I used two different eventnames which are listend in AAF in the Events list. I can see also an event Helpdesk, do you have this in your list?

Do you test with an administrator account, because I think querying details of other users will need some priviliges.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
If I use Helpdesk it starts a login session but if I make an error I get this:
{"status": "error", "errors": [{"location": "server", "name": "AuError", "msgid": "AUCORE-1072", "description": "Event is not found. xHelpdesk"}]}
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

In the body of your logon call do something like this:

{
"method_id": "PASSWORD:1",
"user_name": "LOCAL\\username",
"event": "AdminUI",
"endpoint_session_id": "U6UMPlvnLtcoBQEOYvXqzcwgJqGtZuUq"
}

Instead of AdminUI you can use helpdesk.  The events determine what kind of logon is done.

Peggy Townsend
Novacoast

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.