Highlighted
mcurrie
New Member.

NAM to AA TOTP OAUTH2

Hey Brains Trust,

Strange one.. Doing a pilot of NAM with AA for a TOTP 2nd factor using the OAUTH2 NAM to AA integration. It is 90% working, in that AA is authorizing the 2nd factor and then NAM going to the RP correctly. However, the issue I'm having is that as the NAM passes the OAUTH2 to AA, AA then prompts for the directory password again, even though it has already been entered. After that AA continues and asks for the TOTP as expected and obviously passes back the correct answer as access to the resource is granted.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I have gone through the configs at both ends all looks OK.

Cheers.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NAM to AA TOTP OAUTH2

Hi Mark,

It was an issue in NAM before 4.2.2 and was not supported in AAF before 6.0. So ensure you have the newer versions.
In any case I’m almost sure you can work it around by creating a contract with only one method (a “Generic” one), do not forget to set “Identify user” for it. So in this case NAM will not ask you for a username and password, you will be redirected to OSP of AAF and where you will need to enter the credentials.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NAM to AA TOTP OAUTH2

Hi Mark,

It was an issue in NAM before 4.2.2 and was not supported in AAF before 6.0. So ensure you have the newer versions.
In any case I’m almost sure you can work it around by creating a contract with only one method (a “Generic” one), do not forget to set “Identify user” for it. So in this case NAM will not ask you for a username and password, you will be redirected to OSP of AAF and where you will need to enter the credentials.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.