Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Rehtael Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

NetIQ Advanced Authentication App 3.1.13

Jump to solution

What a complete stinking pile of 💩💩 the last 2 releases have been!

Both have deleted previously registered authenticators after install, and now the current version won't even let me re-enroll as the QR code reader just crashes the app and reloads it.

So all the "enhancements" they've made in this version have broken it beyond belief.

Ever considered unit tested something before releasing it?!?

Bernard: "God Calls Me God."
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NetIQ Advanced Authentication App 3.1.13

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information. We created the internal defects for the issues you faced.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

So, the only way to get this rubbish working is to:

1. do a complete "Force stop";
  2. then "Clear data" (not just "Clear cache");
  3. go through the whole app setup again 😡;
  4. agree to license;
  5. set and confirm PIN;
  6. delete the previous registration in AAF;
  7. re-scan the QR code landscape (portrait simply does not work - I mean WTF?)

Clearly didn't bother testing inplace upgrade of App.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I'm really sorry to know that you faced these issues.
Can you please let me know which smartphone do you have and what OS is installed on it? Is it a rooted device?
When you found that the authenticators were disappeared? Did you try only to authenticate before that or maybe did something else?
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

HW: LG G8 (LM-G820QM)

SW: 9 (Kernel 4.14.83) - NOT rooted, just unlocked

There was an update a day or two prior to 3.1.13 which removed the registered authenticator, but I was able to re-register without having to do full Clear Data. Unfortunately Google doesn't show the full update history and you don't supply it in the store.

It was working fine for authentication until you decided to change the core code.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information. We created the internal defects for the issues you faced.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi @Rehtael,

Btw did you face the issue in Stack B?
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

When you refer to Stack B/Stack A is this the base code of the app you're talking about?

Its not clear

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi Rehtael,

I mean if you are a Micro Focus employee and faced the issue in the corporate environment.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

n/a

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Stack A/B is a reference to internal distribution of apps/users inside MF. That is people in the old NetIQ/Novell/Attachmate stuff are in one 'stack' and the HPE employees are in another.  Merging the two is hard and slow, so they maintain two sort of silos as they merge them closer together over time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.