Highlighted
New Member.

NetIQ Advanced Authentication App and Samsung A51

Jump to solution

With my new smartphone, I can't scan the QR Code. OK with Google authenticator !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@telliers, do you also see the image stretched vertically when you are trying to scan the QR code in the app?

I have the problem on my new Redmi Note 9 Pro, however, finally, I was able to enroll.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I think this is by design. These QR codes are only meant to be scanned and understood by Authenticator applications like Google and Authy. Btw. If you ever switch (or worse loose) phones then choose something else as Google Authenticator.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Why ? When you switch phones, you can easily transfer all accounts to another phone with Google Authenticator ( version 5.1 ).
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I couldn't do that on my old phone. But just started it up and saw that an update is available for Google Authenticator which says it enables transferring accounts. Too late for me 😞

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

>I think this is by design. These QR codes are only meant to be scanned and understood by Authenticator applications like Google and Authy.

More than a year ago the QR codes compliant to Google Authenticator app became compatible with the NetIQ app as well.
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/advanced-authentication-63/server-administrator-guide/data/oath_otp.html, search by "Google Authenticator format of QR code":
"... The QR code of Google Authenticator format can also be scanned with the NetIQ Auth app (supported by the last iOS and Android apps)."

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@telliers, do you also see the image stretched vertically when you are trying to scan the QR code in the app?

I have the problem on my new Redmi Note 9 Pro, however, finally, I was able to enroll.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.
Same for me!

After some time, it's OK !!

Thx

Serge

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I raised an internal defect (OCTCR28D280013)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.