Highlighted
mcurrie
Visitor.

New install of AA - cannot set timezone

New install of AA 6.2 on vmware, went through the install, and at the timezone, it would not let it be changed, then options were disabled. I then finished the install and access the admin interface (9443), and it still does not let me set either region or timezone.... Any ideas please? Thx. Mark Currie
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: New install of AA - cannot set timezone

mcurrie;2499623 wrote:
New install of AA 6.2 on vmware, went through the install, and at the timezone, it would not let it be changed, then options were disabled. I then finished the install and access the admin interface (9443), and it still does not let me set either region or timezone.... Any ideas please? Thx. Mark Currie

Mark, we can use yast. https://www.suse.com/documentation/opensuse121/book_opensuse_startup/data/sec_y2_country.html
0 Likes
lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

George,

is there a reason that timezone setting are disabled in setup?

/Lelle
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

lelle;2499818 wrote:
George,

is there a reason that timezone setting are disabled in setup?

/Lelle

Our server always uses UTC. The logs in Administrative Portal can be configured for view in a specific time zone, however in any case we store the logs in UTC.
0 Likes
mcurrie
Visitor.

Thanks George. All working with the right TZ...I just had read somewhere not to do things in the OS and do everthing from the admin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.