Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

No Authenticators in the app

Jump to solution

It looks like I ran into the same issue @Rehtael ran into in THIS POST.    When I use two factor authentication, my login just started failing and the phone app now goes to the  ENROLLED AUTHENTICATORS screen, which is blank, and my login attempt fails.  I cleared the data, and even uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  My portal displays my SMS-OTP authenticator like this:

clipboard_image_0.png

I can TEST the SMS OTP authenticator and it works.  It sends a password to my phone and I can verify.   Logging in with my VPN client now doesn't even send anything to my phone since I reinstalled the phone app.  😕    Any ideas?   What do I try next?  

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: No Authenticators in the app

Jump to solution
Okay, I got the logs and it looks like an issue which was resolved in one of last patch updates.
Stack B is currently running an older release. The database will be migrated to Stack A soon where the last released version is installed.

As I said in my previous message, you can enroll the Smartphone authenticator back and use it instead of the SMS OTP. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @kgroneman,

My questions:

- Is this a Stack A or Stack B environment? or a customer/ your environment?

- On your screenshot I don't see the Smartphone icon for enrollment. Did you lose a Smartphone or TOTP method enrolled?

----

Actually we have a feature which does the clean up: it removes an enrolled authenticator from a user's smartphone if all Public URLs which are linked to the authenticator return an information that the user no longer has the enrolled Smartphone method.

So if you or Helpdesk, for example, removes your Smartphone authenticator, on the next check the app will remove it. We need to ensure that's not the case.

0 Likes
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Stack B, mine.   It has worked for a long time using Cisco AnyConnect VPN, then just stopped working approximately a week ago.  How do I get a smartphone enrollment back if it's supposed to be there?

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I have a Helpdesk permissions on Stack B and just checked your user. There is no Smartphone authenticator enrolled, but the icon is now visible, so you can enroll it.
Tomorrow I will try to investigate why your authenticator was removed. I hope the logs didn't rotate for the week.
0 Likes
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I had a helpdesk guy help me and he got it working, probably with your help, however now it sends me a code that I have to type in on the desktop.  Before I could just accept it on my phone and not bother with entering a password code.   That works for me.   Not a  big problem.  Thanks for checking.  

--
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Okay, I got the logs and it looks like an issue which was resolved in one of last patch updates.
Stack B is currently running an older release. The database will be migrated to Stack A soon where the last released version is installed.

As I said in my previous message, you can enroll the Smartphone authenticator back and use it instead of the SMS OTP. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I see the smartphone authenticator now.  THANK YOU!   All back to normal.  - Kim

--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.