Highlighted
gogga Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Problem with AAF API

Jump to solution

Apologies for the long post, but I need to explain the issue. We are trying to use AAF as part of our password self service. We would like people who have enrolled with AAF to be able to use the TOTP method to reset their password. They will be asked their userid and the TOTP. If the TOTP is correct, they will be able to reset their password. This will all be done in a custom developed application.

We have the endpoint set up in AAF and assigned a chain that just contains the TOTP method. We are able to get an endpoint session and start the logon process through the API.

The issue occurs when we try to authenticate with the TOTP. After we have received the logon_process_id we send the userid and TOTP to the following url:

https://mfaserverdnsname/api/v1/logon/La9Ybllerw3pyB8YKxNQhyVP4m7y9J0P/do_logon

with this payload:

{"endpoint_session_id": "QU3bQ40uF3OhxYiuQMg7plloAwd4h8wP","response": {"answer": "123456"}}

If we send the incorrect TOTP we get the following response:

{"status": "FAILED", "msg": "Incorrect OTP password", "linked_logon": false, "reason": "TOTP_PASSWORD_WRONG", "plugins": [], "msgid": "AUCORE-2015", "chains": [{"id_hex": "de35d874c32c11e9b9d80242ac110002", "tenant_id": "def0def0def0def0def0def0def0def0", "is_trusted": null, "is_enabled": true, "name": "TOTP Only", "short_name": "", "methods": ["TOTP:1"], "position": 0, "apply_for_ep_owner": false, "image_name": "TOTP_1.png", "required_chain_id_hex": null, "grace_period": null, "mfa_tags": []}], "current_method": "TOTP:1", "completed_methods": [], "logon_process_id": "La9Ybllerw3pyB8YKxNQhyVP4m7y9J0P", "event_name": "myeventname", "event_type": "Generic", "event_data_id": "myeventname", "data_id": "myeventname", "category_id": ""}

All good so far. The issue is when we send the correct TOTP, we receive nothing back from the AAF server. Just a HTTP 200 with nothing in the payload.

Can someone perhaps point us in the right direction.

Thanx

Johan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Problem with AAF API

Jump to solution

Hi

I managed to get it working. The issue was that I was not sending a correctly formatted JSON. Once I fixed the JSON formatting, I got the correct response.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi Johan, that is pretty strange, AAF server should return body besides response 200:
--

what is AAF version installed at your environment?
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

I managed to get it working. The issue was that I was not sending a correctly formatted JSON. Once I fixed the JSON formatting, I got the correct response.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks for update!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.