jkullberg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4

Hi,
I have a customer that have forgotten to upgrade their AdvancedAuthentication 5.1
Now when we click the "Upgrade" button we get an error that the repository is missing.

The manual doesn’t mention how to accomplish this upgrade.
It says that "To upgrade Advanced Authentication 5.2 to 5.4, contact NetIQ Technical Support."

Is this upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4 possible?
It would work if the repository for 5.1 and upwards is accessible somehow.
I guess that we can export the configuration and apply it on a new 5.4 installation. But the documentation does not cover that.

Best Regards
Johan Kullberg
0 Likes
1 Reply
mroyall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4

jkullberg;2441862 wrote:
Hi,
I have a customer that have forgotten to upgrade their AdvancedAuthentication 5.1
Now when we click the "Upgrade" button we get an error that the repository is missing.

The manual doesn’t mention how to accomplish this upgrade.
It says that "To upgrade Advanced Authentication 5.2 to 5.4, contact NetIQ Technical Support."

Is this upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4 possible?
It would work if the repository for 5.1 and upwards is accessible somehow.
I guess that we can export the configuration and apply it on a new 5.4 installation. But the documentation does not cover that.

Best Regards
Johan Kullberg

The upgrade button is getting and error because of a certificate expiration. You will need to contact support so they can help you manually replace the needed certificate and key files so you can then use the channel to upgrade. They will need to log into the console of the appliance as root to replace these files through a web session.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.