NapervilleDi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

(TZ1324) Ability to indicate whether a user story is unplanned

(TZ1324) Ability to indicate whether a user story is unplanned. 

Today teams track this by adding "UP" or some other abbreviation as a prefix or suffix to a story description so they can track stories that get added to sprints after the initial plan is created. We carve out capacity for unplanned work but a checkbox to indicate a story is unplanned would help in metrics reporting, sprint review etc.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Kobyf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: (TZ1324) Ability to indicate whether a user story is unplanned

Hi,

You can do it with a User Defined Field.

Koby

0 Likes
gbh2930 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to create custom fields

https://agilemanager-docs.saas.hp.com/agmdocs/Default.htm#project_custom_fields.htm

To User Stories & Defects, I added a custom field called "Unplanned Work" as a Single-Selection field type with allowed values of Yes and No

But I agree, this should be there out of the box without requiring custom modifications

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Kobyf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are considering enhancing the area of the statuses to provide more flexibility in defining them.

I will update once we have some decisions on that subject.

Regards,

Koby.

0 Likes
NapervilleDi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have any updates on this request?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.