Commodore
Commodore

Copy User Story

Is there a way to Copy a user story?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Does anyone know if there is Copy User Story functionality? 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Copy & Paste of a user story is currently not available in AgM.
However, there are 2 features that may give you the required functionality.

Split User Story - At the end of a sprint, if only part of the tasks of a user story were completed, you can split the user story, and transfer the remaining tasks to the new user story. This enables you to report the work done on the completed tasks as part of the closed sprint.

Break User Story - If you defined a general or broad user story, you can break the user story into parts. You can then plan to work on the parts independently in different sprints.

You can find further explanations on how to use this functionality under the help of the product at the following link
https://agilemanager-docs.saas.hp.com/agmdocs/Default_Left.htm#CSHID=details_view|StartTopic=Content%2Fdetails_view.htm|SkinName=_HP_WebHelpSkin_Experience_with_Glossary

Please share with me whether this was helpful.

Koby.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Neither one of these options is optimal. 

Split Story allows you to move tasks to the new story, but the original story then has no tasks there for no longer making it a template.  And it shows link between them which are not wanted.

Break Story gives you a new story or stories that match the original story but you can never get back to the original story, so you always have to create one extra story to keep for the template.

Please correct me if those explanations were not accurate and I am missing something.

Many of our stories have the exact same tasks - We are simply looking to create "template" story (or stories) that can be used to copy from each time we create a new story so we don't have to continually create the tasks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Deb,

Thanks for clarifying the request.

It is much more clear now. I have discussed this with our functional architect and this has been loged as an enhancement request.

It should be released in one of our upcoming releases. You are welcomed to follow up on it through this post.

Thanks,

Koby.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.