lous Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Question on how to read widget on Sprint Backlog (available capacity)

Need some quick help here. One of our users is asking  a question that I can’t answer.

On the Sprint Backlog page in the Planning:Members panel on the right there are 2 bars for each person.

My question is on the top bar which can have 3 parts (green, blue and gray).

Exactly how is the value for the gray part derived? It is labeled “available capacity”, but in several examples like the one attached, I cannot figure out where the number comes from (unless it is so obvious that I’m just missing it).

In the attached example , it shows 15 hours of available capacity. Where does the 15 come from? The team member has 38 hours of total capacity and has been assigned 6 hours of work of which 3 are already done. It seems to me that available capacity should be 38 – 6 = 32.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Kobyf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Question on how to read widget on Sprint Backlog (available capacity)

Hi Lou,

From looking at the example, it looks like there are 9 days left in the Sprint. Dianne has a capacity of 2 hours per day, meaning 18 hours until the end of the sprint.

If she already has 3 hours assigned to here which are not done yet, it means that she still has a capacity of 15 hours.

Hope it clarifies it.

Regards

Koby.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.