lous Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Values for "Release User Stories Planned vs Actual Count Stories" widget

Jump to solution

One of the Widgets supplied is "Release User Stories Planned vs Actual Count Stories" which shows :

1. Number of stories planned in a release
  2. Number of stories added in a release

How are these 2 values determined. I.e., If I looked at the user story backlog (or somewhere else), how could I manually come up with these numbers?

Thx

Lou

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kobyf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Values for "Release User Stories Planned vs Actual Count Stories" widget

Jump to solution

Hi Lous,

The ways this is calculated is as follows:

For every Sprint in the release, whatever was part of the sprint until the closure of the 2nd day of the sprint is considered as "Planned" and whatever was added after the 2nd day up until the closure of the sprint is considered as "Added".

The release is an aggregation of all the sprints that were part of it.

For Example:

Sprint 1: 3 users stories were added before the end of the 2nd day and 1 user story was added later.

Sprint 2: 4 users stories were added before the end of the 2nd day and 2 user story was added later.

Than for the release we will have 7 "Planned" user stories and 3 "Added" user stories.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Koby.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Kobyf Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Values for "Release User Stories Planned vs Actual Count Stories" widget

Jump to solution

Hi Lous,

The ways this is calculated is as follows:

For every Sprint in the release, whatever was part of the sprint until the closure of the 2nd day of the sprint is considered as "Planned" and whatever was added after the 2nd day up until the closure of the sprint is considered as "Added".

The release is an aggregation of all the sprints that were part of it.

For Example:

Sprint 1: 3 users stories were added before the end of the 2nd day and 1 user story was added later.

Sprint 2: 4 users stories were added before the end of the 2nd day and 2 user story was added later.

Than for the release we will have 7 "Planned" user stories and 3 "Added" user stories.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Koby.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.