Extending AppManager for hardware for Windows base server hardware monitoring

Extending AppManager for hardware for Windows base server hardware monitoring

AppManager for hardware can be used for monitoring EXi/ESX underlying hardware failure due to fully supported WBEM protocol by VMWare. I was looking for the same solution to monitor my Windows based underlying hardware but it's not yet supported. What I figured out by using AppManager for hardware is that it uses the WBEM which is irrespective of platform. Hence I decided to use this solution to monitor my HP hardware with Windows OS. I found that HP has WBEM providers for Windows which can be downloaded from this location. Once this provider is installed on Windows OS then AppManager for hardware can be directed to these providers using proxy authentication via http or https.

This can be done through a simple configuration in security manager as per the management guide instructions available with the AppManager for hardware package. Once everything is configured, run the Hardware discovery KS to discover all the associated hardware and you're good to start monitoring the hardware fan, cpu, temp, storage, etc.

In the same way, IBM hardware with Windows OS can also be monitored if the IBM agent is 6.X onward as these agents are by default capable of providing data using WBEM protocol.
Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
‎2020-01-09 18:35
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.