Maintenance Mode for individual AppManager Network Devices
This Aegis (v2.3) workflow works simulates maintenance mode for individual Network Devices by automatically closing any AppManager Event relating to a device that has been defined as being in Maintenance Mode. Once enabled, Events relating to a device will be suppressed until such time as maintenance mode is disabled. A second workflow is also provided to enable and disable maintenance mode for required devices.
- Use the attached SQL Script to create a database table to store the maintenance mode information. This may be created in any SQL Server database to which Aegis has access. The name of the table may be changed if required.
- The Workflow records the details (i.e. Instance, Database and Table name) of the SQL Server in a text file, C:\Program Files (x86)\NetIQ\Aegis\IQConnect\AegisExpress\DeviceMaintenance.txt. If a different file name or location is required, edit the relevant Work Item attributes in each process before putting them into Production.
- Refer to the information at the end of each worklow for usage instructions.
- Put both workflows into production and run either of them once manually to define and store the details of the Maintenance Database for future reference. If the database details change, simply delete the text file and re-run the workflow manually to reconfigure it.
- The Workflow Configure Network Device Maintenance may be used to enable and disable maintenance mode. This may be done either by running the process manually and defining the network devices to be put into or taken out of maintenance, or by sending an email to the Aegis mailbox containing the network devices in a comma or line-separated list in the message body.
- The naming format for all devices is as they appear in the AppManager console except for the device type, i.e. <host name> [IP address].