Monitoring IDM using AppManager

Monitoring IDM using AppManager

I was going through the list of applications which can be monitored by AppManager. Though the list is huge, I was disappointed to see that there is no monitoring available for IDM server, so I decided to do something on my own. As AppManager is highly customizable I created a few KSs to monitor my IDM server using LDAP. Firstly to monitor anything in AppManager, the associated resources have to be discovered so I created a discovery KS which will discover the drivers set. The discovery KS requires the following input:

Host – hostname of IDM system

Port – LDAP port to use

DN – distinguished name

Password – password for DN

Once the discovery is over you can see the name of the drivers in the tree view, and a new view name will be created as "IDENTITYMGMT". Under the same view name, there will be a KS listed as "DriverMonitor" which requires the following input parameters:

Host – hostname of IDM system

Port – LDAP port to use

DN – distinguished name

Password – password for DN

For each driver, it collects metrics like state (GREEN, YELLOW, RED) and drivers “Cache size” and “Unprocessed Cache Size”

It also creates data stream for “Cache size” and “Unprocessed Cache Size”.

If the driver “last state” is not “Green” or Start up type is automatic (2) and driver is not running (state is not 2) it raises event.

I am attaching the tool so that it can be used. I hope this will help you to monitor the IDM environment using AppManager.

Happy Monitoring and Thanks for reading this!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Attachments

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
11 of 11
Last update:
‎2020-01-09 18:35
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.