Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Community_RegistryValueChange and Email Action

Greetings All,
I know the Community_RegistryValueChange script is not supported but I was wondering if I could get a little help on it. The script works great but the email action it generates appears to be missing all the critical information about the alert. Is there a way to modify the script to send a copy of the same alert generated on the board? Hope this question makes sense. Many thanks in advance for your help.

v/r
Chris
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
andy_doran Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Community_RegistryValueChange and Email Action

Without seeing the event and the resulting email, it's hard to say ... but have you made sure that the "include detail" option on the action has been checked? By default the action does not include the detail of the event, but you can include it if you want to. So it's a property of the action not of the monitoring KS
0 Likes
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have tried that option. Below is the contents of the email. I am hoping the screen shot of the alert comes out OK.

Time of Event: 5/11/2017 7:43:07 AM

JobID: 42344

Source Machine Name: ComputerName

Event Severity: 21

Detail Message: NTAdmin_RegistryValueChange
===========================
Path:

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NetIQ\AppManager\4.0\NetIQccm\Admin\DisableAdminEvt
: 0
: 1
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Please can you clarify what specific details you are missing in the email generated by the Action.

Without overly complicating things there is (almost) no code within a monitoring KS that affects the execution of an Action KS so an issue with an Action is unlikely to in the KS that called it. If there is a problem with Registry Value Change then I will investigate since I wrote it! From the screenshots you provided, the event detail was included in the Email but as you have seen, it was converted to from tabular to plain text format.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Unless I am missing something - the event contents are all in the email. However it's in plain text in the email. Which is done on purpose by the action script. It converts the HTML table to plain text because the table would not render otherwise.... Though it looks like the headers for the last 2 columns are missing... that might be considered a bug.... so if that's what you are saying is missing then you need to log it as an issue.
0 Likes
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is a community script so I am not sure it is supported by TS. The issue I am having is that where it says :0 and :1 it does not state which is the previous value and which is the current value, for example "Current Value : 0", "Previous Value : 1". Does that make sense?

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NetIQ\AppM anager\4.0\NetIQccm\Admin\DisableAdminEvt
: 0
: 1
0 Likes
Absent Member.

As I mentioned - the HTML table is converted by the Action KS and not by the monitoring KS. Unless Alain (who wrote the community KS) did something odd when generating the HTML table, then the issue is with how the Action KS is converting that table into plain text and missing the column headings...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hmmm - OK... so I fixed the issue... Alain may need to check how he is creating the HTML table. I modified the KS to use the NQCommon DLL to create it and the resulting action includes the column headers for everything. I am (hopefully) attaching the updated KS
0 Likes
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This awesome Andy, many thanks!!!!

v/r
Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.