Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exchange2007_MailFlow String Space for comma-separated lists

Greetings All,
I have 82 mailboxes that I need monitored with the Exchange2007_MailFlow script but unfortunately it only allows me to enter 4 email addresses. To accommodate 82 I would need around 20+ scripts only measuring 4 or so addresses per script. Is there a way to extend the number of items in the comma separated list field or allow it to read from a text file? Many thanks as always in advance for any help.

v/r
Chris
Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
andy_doran Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Exchange2007_MailFlow String Space for comma-separated l

abel5405;2464191 wrote:
Greetings All,
I have 82 mailboxes that I need monitored with the Exchange2007_MailFlow script but unfortunately it only allows me to enter 4 email addresses. To accommodate 82 I would need around 20+ scripts only measuring 4 or so addresses per script. Is there a way to extend the number of items in the comma separated list field or allow it to read from a text file? Many thanks as always in advance for any help.

v/r
Chris

Changing a KS to read input from a file involves quite a lot of coding in VB Script. But most string based parameters can be modified to set the allowed number of characters. So that might be the easier way. Note that if you edit this KS you should first copy it as it's obviously one that we ship... So after copying the KS you can check it out and edit it in the developer console.

In the dev console you will see a "View... Properties" option from the menu (or do a CTRL-w). That gets a dialog and you want the "Parameters" tab. Here you see the defined parameters - you need to find the one you are interested in and double-click it (note that the dialog focuses on the internal name - the description is what you see in the consoles so it can take a bit of searching to find the one you want). When you have double-clicked the parameter to change the dialog (if it is a string) will show a String size - you can set that to a value that you want. ie 32767....

Then save the changes and check the KS in.

Again - make sure you copy the original KS and make the changes there rather than directly changing these properties in a KS that we provide in a module
0 Likes
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many thanks Andy for your help with this. I see on the script that I wish to modify that the string size is zero, does that supposedly mean that there is no limit or does it mean I need to adjust the VB String size on the agent?
0 Likes
andy_doran Absent Member.
Absent Member.

abel5405;2464568 wrote:
Many thanks Andy for your help with this. I see on the script that I wish to modify that the string size is zero, does that supposedly mean that there is no limit or does it mean I need to adjust the VB String size on the agent?

No 0 gets interpreted as 128. So you would need to make that value bigger..
0 Likes
abel5405 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Will do, many thanks Andy as always! Cheers!

v/r
Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.