We’re pleased to announce the availability of ALM Octane 12.6 CP11 (On-premises), the latest release of our comprehensive DevOps management platform that supports application predictability and high-quality criteria, with continuous visibility and delivery across the entire application lifecycle.
ALM Octane 12.6 CP11 (On-premises) provides a wide range of new enhancements and bug fixes—most of which were made in direct response to suggestions from our customers and partners.
Primary Features and Benefits
The site admin can now view the maximum consumption of concurrent licenses per day, per week, or per month. You can also now filter by error message and by the recovery guidelines, which allows for the usage of portions in the text filter. Other new enhancements include separating the status and progress so that you can filter by status, putting the status in a list format so that you can select the status to filter by, and filtering the list by versions. In addition, you no longer need to manually enter the status into a text filter.
Agile and Usability
The following new reporting enhancements are now available:
- The new widget option enables you to create summary graphs based on epics, where the y-axis now shows a sum of the story points and the feature count.
- Trend or cumulative flow diagrams based on epics or features are also now available.
- In the feature widgets, the y-axis now shows a sum of the story points; you can also see an initial estimate. Get more information on the widgets.
- In graphs that include a duration, the time is now displayed in the relevant units—for example, hours, minutes, and seconds—instead of only milliseconds. In addition, you can now hover over a bar to see the actual value (see figure below).
Other features include:
- The ability to access release and sprint information from the new Management module. Administrators with permission rights can create and edit releases via this new module.
- Through the team storyboard, if you filter out a backlog item type, the phases and sub-phases that belong exclusively to the filtered-out type are now automatically removed from the board.
- In the Pipelines module, you can now use the Favorites menu to save a pipeline’s display settings as a favorite view.
We have made the following enhancements to the automated test areas:
- You can now re-run or stop a specific test run or an entire suite run. When running automated tests using test runners, the administrator can now configure predefined sets of parameter values to be used by testers in different suite runs. And, when creating a test runner entity to run UFT tests, you can now define more than one UFT test runner per workspace.
- For manual test enhancements, when you report a defect from Manual Runner, ALM Octane automatically fills in the appropriate User Story, Feature, and Requirements fields. Also, site administrators can now disable the auto-population function.
Additional Enhancements and Support
- Synchronizer now supports MS SQL Server 2017 and ALM/QC 14 patch 2 or later
- REST API enhancements
- OData enhancements
- Secure connection with Elasticsearch
- Gherkin tests now supports Cucumber 4.2
For More Information
See the Help Center for a full description of these new features and enhancements.
Application Lifecycle Management