What’s the first thing you think about if I say the word “Delivery”? I think of food ! Nowadays, you can order food via tons of apps and receive anything you want, from Chinese food to pizza. And if you order a pizza, what’s the worst-case scenario? In my opinion, a cold pizza. I’m assuming that the delivery man is not coming on foot, but with a motorcyle or a car: something faster to preserve the food. In a customer-centric economy, one of the companies’ goals is to deliver with confidence. How? Through automation for example: think about the Amazon drone shipping idea!
Let’s get down now to our software lifecycle business. Why do we need to accelerate delivery? Many organizations are looking to simplify and reduce the complexity of application deployments while maintaining high levels of quality. Increased business responsiveness and “moving fast without breaking things” is critical to enterprise survival. To businesses, the application is king, and implementing as many business changes as possible, in as short a time as possible is crucial. Manual processes to deploy applications simply don’t support these key requirements. Automation is mandatory, not optional.
Let’s consider now the Release and Deploy challenges:
- Low delivery velocity
- Limited or no visibility in the delivery pipeline
- Release bottlenecks causing serious delay
- Large number of application issues/rollback, when deploying applications to production
- Deploying to complex application infrastructure
- Need to audit all aspects of the development and release process
Digital organizations must remove manual errors and optimize deployment and release processes through standardization and automation.
As part of value stream management and optimization, release orchestration with deployment automation helps to streamline the delivery pipeline and remove a big chunk of waste time.
Enterprises should invest in Release Automation and Governance to:
- Automate digital pipelines
- Enable faster product iterations
- Improve end-to-end management and visibility
Micro Focus helps enterprises gain control, actionable insight, audit compliance and increase trust between teams by monitoring releases from inception to post-production delivery.
Let me introduce here the Micro Focus Release Automation and Governance solution:
- Release Control helps enterprises orchestrate application release with a flexible process-centric approach, giving visibility and efficiency across the deployment pipeline. This platform allows customers to unify and automate processes, increase collaboration manage release process, planning, scheduling, reporting, and approvals.
- Deployment Automation enables repeatable, reliable and audit-compliant processes to simplify application deployments, reduce risk and increase the velocity of delivery across all environments of your delivery pipeline. It seamlessly enables deployment pipeline automation, reducing cycle times and providing rapid feedback on build deployments and releases into production.
- ALM Octane is a comprehensive solution that accelerates Agile and DevOps transformations for high-quality application delivery at enterprise scale whilst supporting the reuse of existing investments. The flexible lifecycle management platform integrates with Micro Focus, open source and third-party solutions to support planning, build analytics, continuous quality, end to end traceability, and rich reporting.
Micro Focus is the right partner to increase delivery velocity, simplify cross-application release complexities, bridge the gap between Dev and Ops, increase quality and provide end-to-end visibility and feedback across the entire delivery pipeline. We call it the Micro Focus Advantage or #MFadvantage, for short.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.