Post by Sharon Levin
StormRunner Load, Product Manager
The Performance Testing team at Micro Focus is super excited to introduce the newest version of our cloud-based performance testing solution - StormRunner Load (SRL) version 3.5. With this release, we have significantly extended SRL’s application performance analysis capabilities.
We have made major updates to the new dashboard in StormRunner Load 3.5, and among the new enhancements you will find:
- New layout management. You can now place multiple graphs in a single dashboard view and easily add/remove graphs with the click of a button. Note the new dashboard opens showing 4 default graphs (running Vusers, hits per second, throughput, and errors). With a few clicks, you can create new graphs and use the metrics pane to place multiple metrics in each graph. Then, you can resize and reposition the graphs as you wish to make your view and analysis as clear and simple as possible.
- Improved anomalies display. A new column added to the new dashboard's metrics pane shows you: 1) the total rank of the metric's anomalies and 2) in parenthesis you will see the total number of anomalies events. When you click on an anomaly, an orange shaded area is displayed on the graph.
It is worth mentioning few additional capabilities in the new dashboard:
- Multiple views. You can create multiple tabs in the new dashboard and each tab can be renamed (for example: My main view, Transactions analysis, Monitors, Executive summary, etc.), thus allowing you to design each tab to address a different analysis purpose and/or different persona as needed.
- Compare metrics. You can choose an older test run to compare results between your recent run and one of the previous runs.
Note the new dashboard in StormRunner Load 3.5 is in tech preview. Additional new capabilities are planned to be added in the coming releases, so please stay tuned.
Additional new features in SRL 3.5 include:
- Export script errors raw data to a .csv file.
- On-premises load generator health monitoring.
- New public API operation: obtain SLA results for all the transactions in a test.
- New transaction summary report from a Jenkins run.
- Support JMeter latest versions (up to version 5.1.1)
- Support LeanFT latest version 14.52
- AWS Ohio region was added as a new virtual user distribution location.
- View all the active test runs across all projects.
To see all the new features in StormRunner Load 3.5, check out the What’s New page.
If you want to try out StormRunner Load for yourself, you can give it a go by signing up for the free 30 day trial.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.