Are you looking to amplify the potential within your Micro Focus AppPulse Mobile, mobile monitoring and application life cycle management software? This integration provides users with the ability to easily submit defects. But before I get ahead of myself, let’s lay down the building blocks for this process.
1) Introduction: Here is some brief information about both the products:
a) AppPulse Mobile: Micro Focus AppPulse Mobile is an Android and IOS mobile app performance monitoring tool that tracks the real user experience of your mobile apps. Mobile teams receive actionable data to prioritize issues that are impacting the most users to achieve a 5-star app rating.
b) Octane: Micro Focus ALM Octane is a comprehensive lifecycle management solution focused on enhancing the speed, quality, and scale of delivering software for organizations adopting Lean, Agile, and DevOps delivery practice.
2) Benefits of the Integration: Customers can integrate both these products to enhance their capabilities. When they are integrated together, they will be able to submit the defects in Octane from the AppPulse mobile User interface for the following issues:
a) Mobile Application Crashes
b) Mobile Application Errors or Application slow performances
3) How to Integrate: Refer the online help for the Integration steps. From any Web Search Engine search for the “AppPulse octane integration” and you can go through the document in the below URL. The Help Page Screenshot as pasted below to help you understand what you are looking for.
4) Key notes for the integration: Here are a few key notes you need to consider when you are performing the AppPulse mobile integration with Octane.
i) The communication between AppPulse Mobile and Octane happens over API. Get the API credentials from the Octane Administrator if you don’t have “shared space admin” permission in the Octane instance. You need information for the following fields and collect them before hand when trying the integration.
a) Octane Account URL
b) Client ID
c) Client Secret
d) Shared Space ID
ii) You will view the following screen upon the successful integration with Octane.
5) How to Submit defects in Octane: Once you have successfully integrated both of the products you can submit the CRs from the AppPulse mobile screen. Refer to the Submit a defect section in the help page mentioned above. You will go through the below screens while submitting the defects.
6) How to view the Defects in Octane: You can view the submitted defect in Octane as shown below. Contact your Octane Administrator if you don’t have permission for the workspace to view the defects.
Note: You will not be able submit defect for the Crashes and Errors in the inbuilt Demo Application "Advantage Mobile Banking". You need to generate create new app and/or crash/errors for submitting the defects in the Octane.
7) Where to Download AppPulse Products:You can download the AppPulse train software from the following URL or by visiting the Micro Focus website. https://software.microfocus.com/pt-br/products
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.