Micro Focus proudly announces: Silk Performer 20.0 is released! If you already use Silk Performer and you have a maintenance contract, you can upgrade to Silk Performer 20.0 for free.
Silk Performer introduces significant enhancements with version 20.0. Here's an overview of the feature highlights:
New Code Editor
The code editor in Silk Performer 20.0 has been completely refreshed. It comes with a bulk of useful state-of-the-art IDE features, which greatly facilitates script development. The new code writing experience includes:
- Line numbers
- Rich find/replace functionality including find/replace in files
- An Active Script pane that updates in real-time
- Auto indentation
- Highlighting of same words
- Code completion
- Code collapsing
- Code snippets insertion
- Script error list pane and highlighting of syntax errors in the script
- Inline variable declaration
- Inline form view
- Split view
- Column mode
The new editor provides increased productivity with fewer errors so you can focus on testing rather than writing test scripts!
Initially, the Silk Performer Dynatrace plugin was created by Dynatrace. Later on, the plugin was open-sourced and now with Silk Performer 20.0, the plugin is maintained by Micro Focus. The new plugin allows users to disable request tagging for Try Script runs. Furthermore, the plugin enables users to configure the tag selection for the additional HTTP header. Linking from the HTML report to the Overall API breakdown in AppMon has been disabled due to a defect in the Dynatrace interface.
Dynatrace Saas & Managed
The Dynatrace SaaS & Managed plugin not only offers similar functionality as the AppMon plugin but adds the possibility to send general information about the load test or error details to Dynatrace for further analysis. It automatically creates request attributes based on the selected tags and even creates request naming rules automatically within Dynatrace.
The Dynatrace SaaS & Managed plugin offers a set of tags to be sent within an additional HTTP header for each request.
With Silk Performer 20.0 you are now able to schedule cloud agent instances. By specifying the date and time you want to start testing, the requested number of agents will be ready to use. Thus, no time wasted with waiting for cloud instances to become ready.
Sorting options in Cloud Agent Manager
Cloud Agent Manager now allows to sort the agent list according to several columns. Additionally, the agents can be grouped by region.
Immediate feedback from cloud vendor
The Cloud Agent Manager now displays the current detailed state information in the tooltip of each agent status field.
Smart UI refreshing in Cloud Agent Manager
Collecting the current status from each cloud agent can be a lengthy, demanding process. Cloud Agent Manager now adapts the refresh interval depending on the state of each agent. If status updates are expected sooner the shorter is the refresh interval. During load tests when most agents are in use, status updates will occur less frequently.
Credit card payments method removed
The credit card payment option has been removed for various reasons. The preferred way to purchase Micro Focus credits is to contact a sales person.
Web on protocol-level Enhancements
WebSocket text messages can now also be used with binary data. Some technologies use text messages for sending binary data, rather than the binary message type.
Multipart form API
Silk Performer now offers additional BDL functions to handle multipart form post requests. For further detail see WebAddMultiPart, WebAddMultiPartFromFile, and WebPostMultiPart.
Silk Performer 20.0 provides a number of other enhancements:
- The new Micro Focus Community is fully integrated, including Idea Exchange as the replacement for User Voice. Relevant content has been migrated to the new platform, which can easily be accessed as usual from within the Silk Performer start page.
- Designing workloads can get quite complex and elaborate. The workload initialization dialog has been redesigned to better support performance engineers with defining workloads with multiple user types and consequently minimize the time required to setup complex workloads.
- The load test controller has been improved in stability and logging. The controller/agent communication is now more robust and fault tolerant under challenging network conditions. In addition, the Silk Performer SDK is now available in 64-bit, which allows integration in 64-bit native as well as Java 64-bit processes.
OpenSSL has been upgraded to version 1.1.1b. With this upgrade TLS 1.3 is the default security level used unless the server does not support it.
Several third-party components have been upgraded to their latest versions to remediate all known vulnerabilities and other defects.
- For more information on all new features of Silk Performer 20.0, you can also refer to the Online Help.
- Another valuable source of information: the Silk Performer 20.0 Release Notes.
- If you are already convinced and want to buy Silk Performer, don't hesitate to contact us! Go to microfocus.com and click Contact Us on the top right.
If this article was useful for you, leave us a comment or like it. We appreciate your feedback.