How to spy and compare objects easily in UFT 14.03

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
0 1 3,599

Recently, we unveiled Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (UFT) 14.03. In this version, UFT simplifies its ability to spy on two objects and compare their properties.

Object Spy Comparison Tool

UFT's new "Object Spy Comparison Tool" makes it incredibly easy to scroll through the object hierarchy and properties while being able to compare both objects. To accomplish this, simply spy on your first baseline object, then spy on a second object by clicking on the new “Compare” button to view both objects side-by-side.

Spy comparison tool.png

UFT also displays the parent object nodes in the object hierarchy when you compare two child objects. This means it’s also easy to switch from viewing the properties of child objects to parent objects.

For more details, see compare between two spied objects.

Extended Object Spy support

In addition to our new comparison tool, the technology stack in UFT 14.03 also supports spying on Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF), Electron, and NW.js (node-webkit) objects.

Wrap up

While this blog covers a subset of our functionality, more details about this and other new features will be covered in upcoming blogs and webinars. For a complete rundown of all new features/enhancements, check out “What’s New” in UFT 14.03.

You can also catch up on the latest features in these blogs:

Download

Download UFT from the following locations:

1. Evaluating customers: Try UFT
  2. Existing customers: Software License and Entitlements
  3. Partners: Partner Portal for Authorized Software Partners

To learn more about UFT, visit us at:

Go UFT | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook

1 Comment
jaideeph
New Member.

Hello Michael,

This is Jaideep Halder from KPMG Luxembourg. I have used QTP 10/11 before but now in UFT 12 i'm facing a very peculiar problem while using object spy for identification.

Whenever I hover on an object using the spz tool the, outlining box which shows or changes as zou move from object to object is not properlz placed on that current object I'm trying to spy.

In other words , if i have to select an object i have to click on the outer left side of the object and then sometimes it recognizes. Its very annoying and drastically reduces our Test Automation effort.

Is there any way this can be fixed. We are doing POC for various clients and we propsose to present UFT as Test automation tool solution. But this thing really holds us from using this Tool and may be we need to rely on something else.

Please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Jaideep Halder

jaideep.halder@kpmg.lu

jaideephalder@yahoo.com

+352 621 877 470

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.