We’re pleased to announce the availability of ALM Octane 15.0.60, the latest release of our comprehensive Enterprise DevOps platform for high-quality Agile application delivery.
ALM Octane 15.0.60 includes a wide range of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes—most of which were made in direct response to suggestions from our customers.
Here are only some highlights of the many new features included in this release! Be sure to review the entire What’s New page for more details.
ALM Octane: DevOps Analytics
As seen in recent versions, we believe analytics of large data stored in ALM Octane, can be of great benefit by giving organizations the ability to analyze and optimize efforts and process.
In this release, we are introducing Automation ROI analytics, a new capability which allows you to measure added value of your automation effort over time.
Software development organizations acknowledge the need for automated testing but recognize that it comes at a high cost. Setting up automation requires manpower hours, and in some cases the acquisition of new software tools. Companies require a tool that can highlight the results of investment in automation and provide a way to determine the areas most worthy of investing more resources.
Using Automation ROI analytics, users can also understand in what areas they should invest their efforts to obtain the highest ROI, and how they can determine its effectiveness.
The Automation ROI widget provides a graph with two metrics that can help determine the ROI:
- Regression Cost – did we reduce the time spent on manual regression testing thanks to test automation?
- Development Cycle Time – did we improve overall development agility due to test automation?
We’ve also added the Automation instability widget, which shows the percentage of failures caused by unstable tests. If the automation is unstable, it can dramatically lower automation ROI. This insight provides an indication of whether your automation is stable, and where it can be modified to improve ROI.
Get more details on ROI Analytics!
You can also get more information regarding practical ALM Octane Analytics capabilities!
For the Admin
To assist you in importing LDAP users, you can now download a CSV template file from a link in the Import dialog box. For details, see Import LDAP users into ALM Octane.
Using the Activity Log tab, administrators can now view a list of all changes made in a workspace, including the history audit of work entities such as Defects, User Stories etc.
You can now add tags to spaces to enhance filtering of spaces.
You can now hide certain tabs (such as Pull Requests) per role, so that users only see areas that are relevant to their role.
Agile and Scaled Agile
You can now assign releases, Application Modules, Tests, and Test Runs to SAFe Programs.
We’ve completed the next phase of the Document Report feature, which lets you generate customizable document reports for multiple entities in Word and PDF formats. In this version we introduced the following enhancements:
- You can now add related items to first level entities, as sub-level items
- You can personalize your document report and customize the header, footer, and logo to appear on your report
Learn more about the new Document Reports capabilities.
We have enabled UDF support in trend widgets, a feature requested by many of our users. This allows you to filter, and group by custom fields that have been defined by the admin as “trendable.”
The Test Coverage tiny widget which you know from other entities is now also available for Requirement documents!
- Admins can set the Make Read-only business rule for Manual and Gherkin test scripts
- You can now copy a failed step's screenshot to a defect, in addition to the test steps
- You can now run Gherkin BDD tests using Cucumber-JVM, directly from ALM Octane
- Using the Test Suite's new Planning tab, you can now cross filter on all test fields, perform bulk updates, and group tests within a test suite.
Advanced Users--This is for you!
For a faster development of ALM Octane integrations and reporting, we’ve added the new Entity relations explorer, which shows you the relations between entities, and helps you create API calls and OData reports.
We’ve added entity fields and UDFs in external action buttons - you can now include any of an item's string - or number-type fields, including UDFs in an external action.
We always have our end-users in mind, and on this version, more than ever before, we have added a bunch of new features and behaviors that will make it even more fun to work with ALM Octane.
Here are just a few examples:
- Edit your comments
- Add email responses to comments
- Inline edit of widget's titles
- Bulk update shortcut via grid header
- Spell check in Manual and Gherkin script
- Slim view of grid lines – see more lines of data on grids
- Quick Actions (Ctrl+q) – easily navigate to any tab or perform relevant actions
Many more usability enhancements can be found here.
For More Information
See the Help Center for a full description of these new features and additional enhancements.
- Be sure to review the entire What’s New page
- Review the ALM Octane product page
- Connect all DevOps end points to ALM Octane with Micro Focus Connect
- Virtual Universe 2020 – watch the Application Delivery Agile & DevOps Management content
- Join our ALM Octane Community
- Ideas Exchange - Suggest your ideas and ER’s
- ALM/QC to ALM Octane Project Migration – DIY or get a service
- World Quality Report 2019-20 - by Capgemini, Sogeti & Micro Focus
Application Lifecycle Management