Guest blog post by Daniel Gront
ADM Jenkins/Bamboo Plugin Manager
We are pleased to announce the release of version 5.7 of the Micro Focus Application Automation Tools Plugin for Jenkins.
This plugin enables you to create and use virtual services, and trigger the execution of performance and functional tests as part of your Jenkins continuous integration.
It can also deliver jobs and integrate with your release pipeline on Jenkins with Micro Focus Application Lifecycle Management products, including the cutting-edge ALM Octane.Version 5.7 includes the following enhancements:
- Support for pipeline as a code element for Gherkin Jobs.
- Improved validations for test connections.
- Fortify SSC integration improvements, including the reduction of vulnerabilities and extended data support.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
- Ability to customize the test results path.
- Ability to open HTML reports in Jenkins without having to save the zip file.
- Support for passing test parameters when running UFT tests from ALM test sets.
- New filter options with ability to filter tests, also for pipeline jobs.
- Minimal Jenkins version raised to 2.89.4
Supported Jenkins versions
Starting with version 5.5, this plugin will only support the latest five LTS versions of Jenkins (currently 2.89.4). This is a result of the Jenkins policy to no longer support older update centers.
Jenkins 2.54 and higher requires you to have Java 8 installed on the machine.
To recover any information loss during an upgrade relating to package names, back up the Jenkins folder and then run the Rebranding script.
The plugin is available for download here, or at the update center.
Visit the Micro Focus update center to stay informed about BETA releases which contain the latest features and fixes.