ALM Octane CP9 brings new Enterprise Agile capabilities and adds support for SAFe Large Solution, as well as new capabilities for DevOps and Quality. This release also includes a number of administrator and user experience enhancements.
Full support for the SAFe Large Solution Configuration
ALM Octane now fully supports the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Large Solution configuration, by providing explicit capabilities for the solution, program, and team levels. With this expanded SAFe support, users can plan, execute and track capabilities, features, and stories with visibility across each level. Our modern approach to built-in quality aligns quality across the full Large Solution configuration by providing test planning and execution with agile scale and cadence.
This feature is available on Enterprise edition only. For details, refer to Organize workspaces into programs.
Figure 1 SAFe Program and Large Solution
Introducing the Quality Insight Plugin for Jira
A new Quality Insight Plugin for Jira provides Jira users with quality status directly on native Epics, Stories, Issues or custom types. Jira users can quickly understand issue test status, and gain a direct link to quality centric views for related tests. Download and install the plugin from Micro Focus Marketplace or from Atlassian Marketplace.
Figure 2 Quality Insight Plugin for Jira
New DevOps Integrations
The following integration enhancements are now available:
- SonarQube integration allows you to view code coverage data from SonarQube in ALM Octane.
- GitLab integration enables you to see build pipelines, and track build and test run results in ALM Octane using the ALM Octane GitLab CI service.
CI Pipelines Enhancements
A number of improvements in this release help users quickly identify and solve problems in automated tests and build runs, along with enhanced pipeline support. Key changes include:
- The redesigned main Pipeline page allows users to easily view the hierarchy of jobs and the status, and the ability to drill into the test and build details. This is coupled with a separate Logs tab that helps users view and analyze problems quickly.
- The Pipeline Overview includes new widgets to illustrate security vulnerabilities and their severities, as well as application modules affected by commits.
- Users can now connect multiple ALM Octane shared spaces to a single Jenkins or TeamCity server.
- When working with multi-branch pipelines, the parent container now appears in the pipeline summary bar.
Learn more about ALM Octane
- Try ALM Octane Enterprise (FREE trial for 30 days)
- Download Octane (90-day trial)
- ALM Octane Help
- ALM Octane Product Web Page
- ALM Octane Community
- Idea Exchange - Suggest your ideas and enhancement requests
Transform the way you plan, build, test, release, and operate applications. Deliver faster with high quality.
Enjoy Octane CP9 and provide feedback below!
- The Octane Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.