Micro Focus proudly announces: Silk Performer 20.5 is released! If you already use Silk Performer and you have a maintenance contract, you can upgrade to Silk Performer 20.5 for free.
Silk Performer is the one stop performance testing tool, which takes pressure from you by adding load to your application. Silk Performer allows you to create realistic load tests with up to hundreds of thousands of virtual users running across a broad range of enterprise application environments, including mobile and the latest web 2.0 technologies.
Silk Performer introduces significant enhancements with version 20.5. Here's an overview of the feature highlights:
Results Publishing with InfluxDB and Grafana
Silk Performer lets you export all the data that is collected during a load test to InfluxDB, an industry-wide well-known database for time series data. During a test, Silk Performer can push real-time data to InfluxDB, after a test you can manually export time series data (aggregated) or raw data.
This lets you quickly display and share your load test results using tools such as Grafana. For Grafana in particular, you can download a pre-configured set of dashboards, perfectly suited for real-time viewing or results analysis.
Record and Replay Windows File Selection Dialog in SAPGUI
SAPGUI transactions that use the native Windows file open dialog rather than the proprietary SAPGUI functionality can now be recorded and replayed.
For this purpose, the Silk Performer Recorder generates the new BDL function SapGuiSetFileName(), which suppresses the file open dialog during replay and passes the file name specified in the script to the SAPGUI application.
Granular Selection of Measures for Real-time Monitoring
When you enabled real-time measures in previous Silk Performer versions, all available measures were collected and aggregated at different levels along the communication lines between virtual users and controller. Now, with Silk Performer 20.5, the measures of interest need to be defined explicitly. By default, no client-side measure is available in real-time, even if the collection of real-time measures is enabled in the profile settings or the workload settings.
To enable certain measures or measure groups for real-time availability, use the BDL function MeasureSetOption() along with the parameter MEASURE_OPT_REALTIME. For more details, see MeasureSetOption in the BDL Reference.
Web on Protocol-level Enhancements
The following enhancements for web load testing on protocol-level have been implemented:
- Silk Performer supports recording and replaying applications that rely on the Microsoft IIS Extended Protection feature, also known as channel binding.
- When generating a script out of a capture file, domain suppression is now also considered for WebSocket connections.
Browser-driven Load Testing Enhancements
The following enhancements have been implemented for browser-driven load testing:
- The Browser Application lets you set custom options using the Actions/Set Option menu item.
- Silk Performer introduces the BDL function BrowserSetBrowserType(). It lets you set a particular browser type, such as Chrome, Firefox, or IE, from within the script. For more details, see the BDL reference.
CloudBurst has extended its availability into the government clouds of AWS and Azure in North America.
Workbench and Editor Enhancements
The following enhancements have been added to the Workbench and the editor:
- When exporting a project to a folder, Silk Performer now suggests the previously used location for subsequent exports.
- All dependent files are now considered when searching in files in project scope.
- The editor now shows a tooltip that lets you add a use statement and thereby include the corresponding .bdh file.
- OpenSSL has been upgraded to version 1.1.1d.
- Several third-party components have been upgraded to their latest versions to remediate all known vulnerabilities and other defects.
During the upcoming weeks, we are going to give you a more detailed insight into some of the most interesting new features, here on our blog site. So, make sure to stay tuned.
- For more information on all new features of Silk Performer 20.5, you can also refer to the Online Help.
- Another valuable source of information: the Silk Performer 20.5 Release Notes.
- If you are already convinced and want to buy Silk Performer, don't hesitate to contact us: Go to www.microfocus.com and click Contact Us on the top right.
If this article was useful for you, leave us a comment or like it. We, the Silk Performer team, appreciate your feedback.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.