The Micro Focus Performance testing team is thrilled to introduce the newest version of our cloud-based performance testing solution - StormRunner Load version 3.6. In this release we have included new features to enhance performance testing methodologies, the TruWeb protocol, new and enhanced analysis capabilities, and extended integration with Dynatrace.
StormRunner Load (SRL) v3.6 is yet another release supporting our continuous effort in building the best cloud load testing platform for Agile and DevOps teams. It makes it even more exciting having our Micro Focus SRL team transformed into DevOps, enabling us to deliver a great amount of new and valuable content to our customers every two months! A new “What’s new in prior releases” page in our help center provides a great opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with the new capabilities we have delivered to our customers in the past year.
What’s new in SRL v3.6?
- Run until completion mode – a new option was added to configure a load test to run for a specified number of iterations, instead of for a specified duration.
- Data file management – a new asset type was added enabling you to upload data files and assign them to scripts so that the scripts can use the data contained in a file, instead of having to input such data directly into the scripts.
- Dashboard and report enhancements
- A new notification area in the dashboard displays the number of SLA breaks and anomalies that occurred during the load test run.
- You can set a specific run of a load test to be the benchmark for that load test. In the dashboard, you can then compare another run of the load test with this benchmark.
- You can toggle the time mode used for all graphs in a dashboard tab between test time and clock time.
- Export raw transaction data - a new option enables you to save raw transaction data during a load test run and then export this data to a .csv file once the run has finished.
- Support for Dynatrace SaaS - SRL already supports multiple monitor tools such as Dynatrace on-premises, New Relic, App Dynamics and SiteScope. In this release we have added support for Dynatrace SaaS.
- Enhancements for the TruWeb protocol –integration with the TruWeb protocol has been extended to support runtime settings and execution on on-premises load generators.
- New public API operations – new operations have been added that enable you to configure pacing in a script and to stop a test.
Enhanced load generator logs - logs for both cloud and on-premises load generators are now downloaded as a .zip file that includes a multi-level directory structure that indicates the script name, region or on-premises load generator, IP address or agent name, and the emulation used.
To see all the new features in StormRunner Load 3.6, check out the What’s New page.
If you want to try out StormRunner Load for yourself, you can give it a go by signing up for the free 30 day trial.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.