Rufeng Xu-Fried Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

AMP Admin -> end user management page is extremely slow

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

We have a serious issue about the performance issue with APM.  It was slow in BSM 9.2x as well, but I was hoping to see any improvement in APM 9.3  Apparently, it is not the case.

If we access admin -> end user management page, it usually shows a blank page for minutes, depending on the region from 2 min to 10 min, then th data showed up.  We have an instance in HK. From US regions, it could take 5-10 to show up.  I think the network delay should not take that long.  So what else cold be going on?  What is APM doing during that time?

Could you please tell me how APM is retrieving and displaying the data on that page?  Is this related to capacity?

Thanks,

Rufeng

Rufeng
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.

Re: AMP Admin -> end user management page is extremely slow

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, Asaf. 

It has been very helpful for me.  Thanks again.

Rufeng
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

EUM Admin load a view with business applications. by default, it will go to "Applications Management" view, but you might use different view.

that process depends on RTSM performance and how many CIs are in that view.

please look at RTSM logs (DPS\log\odb\odb) and check slow.log.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Asaf,

Thank you very much for your quick pointer.  I checked the slow.log, and there are a lot of messages.  At the end, here are the messages.  But in general,  how do we imporve the performance of that application view then?

Deployment Task thread pool:
 Min: 1, max: 1, executing: 0, queued: 0 {}, size: 1
notification_publish_task5 thread pool:
Discovery Probe Task thread pool:
 Min: 1, max: 20, executing: 0, queued: 0 {}, size: 1
notification_publish_task3 thread pool:
notification_publish_task4 thread pool:
notification_publish_task1 thread pool:
notification_publish_task2 thread pool:
RequestProcessorAsyncPool thread pool:
 Min: 1, max: 100, executing: 0, queued: 0 {}, size: 1
notification_publish_task0 thread pool:
Tql Pattern Calc Process Task thread pool:
 Min: 1, max: 4, executing: 0, queued: 0 {}, size: 1
Enrichment Calculator Task thread pool:
 Min: 1, max: 5, executing: 0, queued: 0 {}, size: 1

Heap memory:
 init = 2621440000(2560000K) used = 500020240(488301K) committed = 2551709696(2491904K) max = 2551709696(2491904K)
Non-Heap memory:
 init = 2555904(2496K) used = 292646384(285787K) committed = 311451648(304152K) max = -1(-1K)

7 Threads currently holding open connections. Displaying connections that are open for more then [600000] seconds.

Rufeng
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

it will require further investigation, so i recommend to submit support case.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for your response.  I did raise a support ticket, but it is not very helpful. That's why I am seeking help from this forum.

I found that the retrieving the entire application monitor view is very slow, as we have a lot of applications there.  Is there a way to set up a different view as a default?  I think that would be useful for each applicaton team.  Or whose who only need to worry about their own apps.

Could you please advice?

Thank you very much !

Rufeng

Rufeng
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I worked with another customer in the same situation and they disabled the "Application Management"  view and then created smaller views with less applications.

to disable a view you need to go to Modeling Studio, select the view and clicck "View Definition Properties" button (next to the "calculate" and "preview" buttons). change the priority to "Not Active". if that won't work you can also remove the EUM bundle and then it shouldnt be visible in EUM Admin.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks. But I can not disable the application view.  For BSM (APM) admins, they do need to have access to all the views.  But for each application teams, I am hoping that I can give them their own default view.  For example, application owner A  => default View A.

Could we set up a default view for each user?

Rufeng
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

No.

try to create smaller views (maybe by filter the first letter A-F, G-M, N-R, S-Z) and then the admins will still have access to all applications.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Asaf.

It is a good idea.  I found that if we logoff at the given view, when we log in next time, it defauts to that view.

In that case, I can just tell the users to default their own view. Most likely, they will stay on that view. 

I did not disabled the end user monitor view, as this view will have everything.  All other creaed views may miss apps which I did not add them. So the first time will be slow for the users. But if they select their own view and stay there, it may be faser next time.

I see there are a lot of other views which we never use.  In theory, I can just delete them, right?  Will that do any harm for my apps?

Thanks again for your excellent advice.

Rufeng

Rufeng
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

yes, there are many OOTB views which come from UD content. you can disable/delete them manually. try to modify only views that their name indicate some specific technology (like VMWare, Oracle, etc) which will be good indication they came from discovery content. if you have 2nd thoughts - dont delete that view....

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, Asaf. 

It has been very helpful for me.  Thanks again.

Rufeng
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.