Highlighted
KG-HP Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

APM keeps removing SiteScope from Monitored by field in CI properties

Hi,

I have been facing this issue for a while now.

We have EMS integration monitors which are sending SiS (11.32) metric data to APM (9.30). While I can see measurement data in cross performance reports as well as user reports. For a few of the CIs though, when I go to IT universe Manager, to change the "Monitored By" field to Sitescope, it automatically removes this field the next time I open CI properties. This issue is hampering setting HI on those CIs.

Have you faced a similar issue in your environment? Any suggestions of how you fixed it would be great!

Please note this is a Production environment and the issue occurs only on a few CIs.

Regards,

KG

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor.

Re: APM keeps removing SiteScope from Monitored by field in CI properties

I checked the CI history and noticed it is the enrichment rule which is overriding the value in Monitored By field. Any idea on why is it doing so or how to check the rule resetting the value?

~KG

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

is your APM integrated with OMi?

i suggest to submit Support case and they will help you find out the enrichment rule and how to fix it.

Trusted Contributor.

Hi Asaf,

We only have SiteScope and APM integration. We already opened a support case with HPE and looks like there is a OTB enrichement rule which is removing the "monitored by" attribute for selected CIs. HPE has involved the RnD team now to look into this.

Will update the forum once I have an update.

Cheers!

KG

Trusted Contributor.

Hi Guys,

I was able to fix the issue by deactivating the OOB enrichment rule "Remove Monitored By from SiteScope CIs".

Now the only question is, does it affect my SiS APM integration? I have not found any issues yet, but it would be great if you could share knowledge if you've had experince with this enrichment rule , and if it is necessary.

Cheers!

KG

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The root cause of the issue is your own actions:

>>>For a few of the CIs though, when I go to IT universe Manager, to change the "Monitored By" field to Sitescope...

It's not clear why you were trying to manually change this field, as it's supposed to be set automatically depending on which data collector monitors the CI (if any at all).

The enrichment rule "Remove Monitored By from SiteScope CIs" simply cleans up the Monitored By attribute of a CI if this CI has no related SiteScope Measurement or SiteScope Monitor CIs. In other words, such CI has no any evidence that it's being monitored by SiteScope.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.