Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

APM9.3 port 80 health check failure

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have a couple questions to verify.

Currently, I am in a situation where I am trying to free up the port 80 due to health check.

The current APM system is up and running but not integrate/configure with any products yet (barebone), but I am in the process of doing it.

I've noticed that port 80 is used by hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe because the connection is already establisehd.

Is this always the case?

I am going through all these because I was told by LB engineer that port 80 shows failure in the back end. I am trying to figure out what's causing port 80 to fail.

If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: APM9.3 port 80 health check failure

Jump to solution

Hi yangnigon,

is this the GW or the DPS with port 80 being used?

hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe would point to the GW server, but usually on the GW that port would be in use by the web server (IIS or Apache, so httpd.exe), on the DPS, well, I checked all my installations, and found port 80 as not being used at all.

On all environments where hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe was active, it didn't use port 80.
On the one environment where hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe is active and really busy, it has around 60 ports open, but not port 80.

So to answer your question
> Is this always the case?
no, it is not.

You can stop hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe via Nanny JMX and start it again and check if it still uses port 80,
or you can stop it, start something which occupies port 80, then start hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe and see if it still comes up (and it should)

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi yangnigon,

is this the GW or the DPS with port 80 being used?

hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe would point to the GW server, but usually on the GW that port would be in use by the web server (IIS or Apache, so httpd.exe), on the DPS, well, I checked all my installations, and found port 80 as not being used at all.

On all environments where hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe was active, it didn't use port 80.
On the one environment where hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe is active and really busy, it has around 60 ports open, but not port 80.

So to answer your question
> Is this always the case?
no, it is not.

You can stop hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe via Nanny JMX and start it again and check if it still uses port 80,
or you can stop it, start something which occupies port 80, then start hpbsm_analytics_loader.exe and see if it still comes up (and it should)

Greetings
Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Outstanding Contributor.. yangnigon Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Siggi for your response.

This was GWs with port 80 being used.

What I've done to resolve this problem is I've re-add port 80 in the web servers. In addition, I've re-started all of APM related services for GW and DPS.

This seemed to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.