Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Abnormal growth on .persist_dir on GW server

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

BSM version 9.21.131.

The analytics_loader folder under opt/HP/BSM/.persist_dir in our BSM GW server is 20GB in size.

I've read about a similar scenario where the data samples were not being pushed to the DB by the db_loader service. I restarted the service and a few pending samples cleared up. These samples were about 200MB in total.

Now, I checked the analytics_loader -- main -- dlq. There are tons of samples here and they eat away 20GB of disk. Where are these coming from and what logs would help me troubleshoot this issue.

Kindly oblige.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Re: Abnormal growth on .persist_dir on GW server

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Just got the solution to this issue. I thought I'd share it with you all.

We had the Baselining feature enabled in Admin --> Platform --> Server Deployment but did not create a dedicated analytics database to store the samples. Hence, the data samples from System Health Analyser were not being inserted into a database but were queuing up in the analytics_loader folder in the .persist_dir.

You can either disable Baselining feature if you are not using it or create a DB under Admin --> Platform --> Manage Analytics Database.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Praveen

1 Reply
Highlighted
Praveen_Shan
New Member.

Re: Abnormal growth on .persist_dir on GW server

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Just got the solution to this issue. I thought I'd share it with you all.

We had the Baselining feature enabled in Admin --> Platform --> Server Deployment but did not create a dedicated analytics database to store the samples. Hence, the data samples from System Health Analyser were not being inserted into a database but were queuing up in the analytics_loader folder in the .persist_dir.

You can either disable Baselining feature if you are not using it or create a DB under Admin --> Platform --> Manage Analytics Database.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Praveen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.