Super Contributor.. Sean Newman Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Assigning permission to the Locations admin application in BSM 9.23

Hi,

We have a requirement to give a particular set of users access to the Locations admin application. This is to allow them to "move" the location of some portable CIs that are in the RTSM. I don't want to give these users full Admin roles, just permission on this application.

I've tried ticking it in the Customisations tab for the Admin - Platform group but it stil doesn't show up.

I've also ticked the Downtime app and that does show up.

I've looked through all the permissions and can't find anywhere else I need to reference it. Does anyone know how to provide permission to Locations without giving a user full admin access?

Sean

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Assigning permission to the Locations admin application in BSM 9.23

There isn't specific context to allow/prevent users from working in Locations Manager.
Your only option is to hide the menu for most of the users, and show it for the users you want. this can be done in the Customization tab in Users Management. from your explanation it is not clear what is not working for you there.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Sean Newman Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

HI Asaf,

I've configured the Customisation tab for the Admin - Platform group to show just two items: Locations and Downtime Management (see screenshot below).

When I login as a member of that group and select Platform from the Admin menu I only see the Downtime Management show up - not Locations (see second screenshot).

Regards,

Sean

0 Likes
Javier_Mora Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sean,

You can use Administrator role. Since you have defined visibility for the pages you want for this user the operations will be limited.

Kind regards,

Javier

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.