Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Spyros Antoniou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BAC 7.5 to BSM 9.12 Upgrade

Dear forum hi,

I am working on upgrading BAC 7.5 to BSM 9.12.

I have followed the documentation and did the steps :

The upgrade scenario is as follows:

A) BAC 7.50 to 8.07

1) BAC 7.50 is patched to 7.55

2) BAC 7.50 is uninstalled

3) BAC 8.0 in installed

4) BAC is patched to 8.01

5) BAC is patched to 8.07

6) The upgrade wizard is ran and BAC 8.07 connected to the 7.55 DBs and upgrade finishes.

BAC 8.07 working fine for 1-2 weeks, then BSM 9.12 upgrade started.

B) BAC 8.07 to 9.12

1) BAC pre upgrade wizard is ran and results are displayed and all comments for pre-upgrade tasks are carried out.

2) BAC 8.07 is uninstalled keeping the following directories:

a) cmdb/adapters/adapters

b) cmdb/general

c) openldap/bdb

3) BAC 8.07 is uninstalled

4) BSM 9.10 is installed

5) BSM is patched to 9.12

6) Upgrade wizard is ran and after the CMDB is upgraded successfully, in the Configuration Upgrade step and while running the Repositories upgrader the upgrade fails with the following error:

in topaz.all.ejb.log

2012-01-10 17:52:31,294 [RMI TCP Connection(175)-192.168.37.134] (ConfUpgradeManagerImpl.java:494) INFO  - Upgrader (component=repositoriesUpgrader, name=viewSettingsUpgrader, customerId=1) - Finished running. Returned status = FAILED

and in the log\upgrade\upgrade.all.log

2012-01-10 17:52:30,368 [Thread-106] (ConfigurationUpgradePanel.java:271) INFO  - Going to run upgrader [component=repositoriesUpgrader, upgrader name=viewSettingsUpgrader]

2012-01-10 17:52:31,374 [Thread-106] (ConfigurationUpgradePanel.java:293) INFO  - Finished upgrade of upgrader [component=repositoriesUpgrader, upgrader name=viewSettingsUpgrader]. Result: FAILED

2012-01-10 17:52:31,376 [Thread-106] (ConfigurationUpgradePanel.java:318) INFO  - upgrader [component=repositoriesUpgrader, upgrader name=viewSettingsUpgrader] status is FAILED. Stopping the whole upgrade framework due to mandatory upgrade failure

Has anyone successfully upgraded from 7.5 or 8.0x to 9.x or 9.1x ??

Does the upgrade process need any tweaking?

Thank you in advance.

Spyros.

0 Likes
3 Replies
dcsbeemer Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: BAC 7.5 to BSM 9.12 Upgrade

Hi Spyros

What kind of OS is this on, specifically is it 32 or 64 bit?

0 Likes
Spyros Antoniou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear dcsbeemer,

it was running on Windows 2003 32bit and before installing 9.1x I reinstalled the OS to Windows 2008 R2 (64bit).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Spyros

0 Likes
Highlighted
Izik_Golan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Spyros,

I understand you have a problem with the “viewSettingsUpgrader”.

I would like to know if you got any comments from the pre-upgrade about view issues.

Also if you can upload here [view.setting.upgrade.log] file from folder [HPBSM/log/upgrade] I might get some understanding what might be the problem.

Izik

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.