Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Outstanding Contributor.. bilal,aman Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

BAC Scheduled reports are not being sent

Hi Guys

We are running on BAC 7.55 on windows 2003 R2 . We are facing some issues with the Scheduled Reports , Some of the Scheduled reports are not being sent , However i am able to manually generate the reports from User Reports and i can also email it from there

This is not problem with Reporting or the email server  , Not sure what logs needs to be checked for the scheduling issue and how to fix it

Kidnly assist

Regards

Bilal Aman

0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.. ParagC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: BAC Scheduled reports are not being sent

Hi,

I have noticed this issue with BAC 7.02.

Are you sending multiple reports almost at the same time, I have noticed this happen in this scenario.

If you could stagger the reports for different time periods keeping a small time interval in between, probably you wll notice better results.

Regards,

Parag

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Syed Uzair D Ha Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can you check if there's some Security implied at Mail server that's classifing these details as SPAM? Also, what does Topaz.ejb.all.log says?

Also, do you see any challenges in BAC alerts getting triggered or it's an issue just with Reports? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Parag

We more than 1000 scheduled reports , and the schedules are running throughout differrent times

Uzair

There are no issues with the Alerts , Problem is only with the Scheduled reports and not all  around 5 to 6

I will have to look for the Logs , Let me check and update

Regards

Bilal Aman

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Validate the following as well.

1. Check if any Monitors are getting skipped [This generally happens for low iteration time]?

2. Web Server

3. Memory allocation to JAVA & JMX monitors could be another reason

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Also, what's the total count of monitors configured on Sitescope? It's advisible not to go beyond 6k monitors on 1 Sitescope server

0 Likes

Has SiteScope monitors to do anything with the Scheduled BAC reports ?

We have around 33 Sitescope servers and have 65K monitors

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Sorry updated in wrong discussion window. Please ignore

0 Likes
Rafael_Chacon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have exactly the same issue. Can email manually, just not scheduled.

From what I have gathered, in my case it amounts to two errors. One, BSM is unable to create folders within:

HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline

LOG:

ERROR - fail to create offline request 1
java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\HPBSM\AppServer\webapps\site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline\Report_Medium Demand BALIN_LAB -18\01\2013 015708 PM.pdf (The system cannot find the path specified)

I can manually create the folders it asks for, fixing the above error and clearing it from the logs (but still not capable of creating the folders automatically, however; it wont send it due to the fllowing error:

1 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-1] (EmailServlet.java:113) ERROR - failed to send email no html stream found.Expected for:E:\HPBSM\AppServer/webapps/site.war\Imgs\chartTemp\offline\2013 021049 PM.pdf

This error appears every time it tries to email a report,  even if the folder exists and the report is generated correctly.

It doesn't seem to be about permissions because BSM can already write to those folders.

Hopefully we can fix this issue, thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. TEX2020 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Rafael,

Did you ever get your BSM email report issue resolved?

Thanks,

TEX2020

Tex2020
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rafael,

from looking at the log snippets, I wonder if you chose the report names as

"Report_Medium Demand BALIN_LAB -18\01\2013 015708 PM.pdf"

If yes, change the name to remove the space in it, and also remove all slashes in the name, for example to

"Report_Medium_Demand_BALIN_LAB_-18_01_2013_015708_PM.pdf"

We have an issue on BSM 9.21 or 9.22 where reports failed to be send when the report name contains space.

While the underlying reason might be a totally different one, it might be worth to give it a try.

Same for slashes in the report name. As BAC needs to access the file system, it's not a good practice (or even might be unsupported) to use this character in the name.

I checked the BAC 7.0 ReferenceInformation manual (this is the latest one which contains such information), and there one case read the slashes are not in the list of special characters allowed, while space are.

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rafael,

assuming that you are using BSM 9.21 or before, the issue is a known one

(see my reply at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/Scheduled-Reports-Email-are-not-getting-send-HP-BSM/m-p/6130743/highlight/false)

This issue is actually known problem

Scheduled reports defect : date converted to a string (it includes backslashes which converted to directories)
 => QCCR1I79528 In some locales scheduled reports are not sent due to improper conversion of date strings.

As dates are converted to use backslashes, Windows uses them as directory separator, and thus fails to find the file.

The problem is fixed in BSM 9.22, there is no patch for BSM 9.21, so your only option is to upgrade to 9.22

This however wouldn't apply to Bilal's original post, as he's running BAC 7.55

Greetings

Siggi

Customer Support
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.