jitendra_manche Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BAC homepage not openning

Hi Experts,

I am using BAC 8.0 on windows 2003 platform . it was working fine but after applying microsoft windows security patches, BAC home page is not opening.

All the BAC services are working fine. I uninstalled the patches but still it's problem is same.

So please let me know what need to do?Please find the screenshot of error messaage.

Thanks

Jitendra Singh

0 Likes
15 Replies
parkar Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: BAC homepage not openning

Please provide the logs..Also please clear the cache and restart bac n check

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Arvind Badam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

If you are using webserver as IIS for BAC then check IIS Admin services are started in services wizard

Check below services

IIS Admins Services

World Wide Web

HTTP SSL

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. J. Singh Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Arvind ,

I am using IIS and all the 3 services are running fine.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Parkar , I have already cleared the cache and joboss temp file and restarted the BAC services but problem is still same.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi parkar ,

I have attached the logs topaz_all, jboss_server, jboss_boot .and let me know in case of any more information required.

0 Likes
parkar Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

while installing the secuirty patches may be some files geting deleted..best option is to restore if u have backup

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you, by any chance, accessing the BAC UI via a Load Balancer? Or is the IE browser configured to use a proxy? Also, can you access the server via http://localhost/topaz ?Any reason you're not using the default port 80? BAC reserves port 8080 for JBOSS.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Shery,

When i am trying to open BAC with default port 80 then it's showing page can not be displayed. While if using port 8080 then it's showing distorted page.
Thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The request to port 80 is catered to by IIS while that on port 8080 is catered to by tomcat directly.

Could you also let me know regarding the other queries:

-------------------------------------

Are you, by any chance, accessing the BAC UI via a Load Balancer? Or is the IE browser configured to use a proxy? Also, can you access the server via http://localhost/topaz

-------------------------------------

Also, from one of the screenshots, it looked like you had SiteScope installed on the server too. Is that correct? if its so, could you stop SiteScope and try accessing BAC again?

0 Likes
Established Member.. teckhous
Established Member..

Re: BAC homepage not opening

I would invest the time in:

1) If SSO in enabled (and it's enabled by default) use FQDN server names.

2) Check if windows firewall don't block ports 80,8080 and 443.

3) Check if JBoss or tomcat are not blocked by the firewall/anti virus.

There should be a log file from what being blocked.

Cheers
Tomer
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Re: BAC homepage not opening

hi,

SSO is not enabled , ports and BAC directory are already in exception in firewall.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Shrey,

When i am accessing via http://localhost/topaz , it showing page can be find.
I am not accessing it via load balancer. Sitescope is installed on that machine but currntly it is disabled.
0 Likes
Established Member.. Reale Mutua Ass
Established Member..

Hello,

if you GW server is a VM, then stop VMWare tools, start GW and when done, at last start vmware tools.

I hope can help.

V.Camassa

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi Reale,

My BAC is not installed on VM .It is installed on direct widows 2003 server and i have also restarted the server.

Thanks

Jitendra

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.