Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
SamySam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BPM 9.26 Process mode or service mode

Hi,

I 'm approaching to upgrade BPM from 9.22 to 9.26, but i have some problem to understand how run BPM 9.26 in Process mode and no in Service Mode.

I hope in your help.

I have some script with SAP GUI protocols, but in AdminGuide BPM 9.26 there is following note:

"Protocol Notes and Limitations
SAP GUI Multi-threaded protocol.
The BPM Agent must run in Process mode. Service mode is not supported"

In BPM 9.22 AdminGuide there isn't this note and BPM runs as default Service Mode.

How to Run BPM 9.26 in Process Mode?

what are the impacts to run other protocol in Process Mode?

Thanks for you help

Samanta

0 Likes
1 Reply
Asdrubal_A_BSM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BPM 9.26 Process mode or service mode

Hi Samanta,

To run BPM 9.26 as a user process, the procedure is as follows:

1. Stop the BPM service.
  2. Run Services.msc and disable the BPM service.
  3. Go to <BPM_Installation_Directory>\BPM\ServletContainer\bin.
  4. Execute from the cmd: catalina.bat run (don't forget about the parameter).
  5. Refresh the BPM gui to check that it is up and running.

Please take into account that BPM scripts will be executed as the user that started it, except for the instances where you have selected to run as a specific user. Also, BPM will not start automatically after the machine reboots so you'll have to start it back up manually using the procedure above.

I hope this helps!

Asdrubal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.