David Campeau Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BSM 9.01 - Several BPM monitors not running to schedule.

BSM 9.01

Windows 2008 64bit.

1 DPS 1 GateWay

I have several BPM monitors not running to schedule.  Though they are active, they are not running at all.

Data Collector is set to run every 10 minutes 24/7.  I've now assigned another Data Collector, so I should know in the next hour if that one is going to be any different.

It used to run 24/7 until I created a downtime/event schedule. However, this downtime has been completed, and should no longer affect the run-times of the BPM schedule. This scheduler was just set to suppress notifications on the weekends, so I'm not sure how or if it affecting the current run schedule.

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: BSM 9.01 - Several BPM monitors not running to schedule.

I've been able to confirm the monitors will run at other locations. Still unknown why it isn't running on at this one particular location.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

What I've done is to just send those scripts to run on other BPM locations. Still is unknown why this one location will not run the scripts at the assigned schedules.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. hdhavale Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi David,

Have you tried doing a "Request Configuration Update" from that particular BPM's UI? It manually prompts the BPM to poll for changes. When a BPM does an update jobs call to BSM, basically BSM checks to see if there are any new scripts or profiles that have been assigned to the BPM. There are two xml files on the BPM - input_job.xml and persistency_job.xml - that get updated with this information. These files store information about each profile, what the schedule for that profile is, transactions, etc.

Also have you tried restarting that particular BPM which does not have the correct schedules?

Thanks,

Harshad

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Actually I have not done that!

Will do the following.

On BPM -- Request Update though gui.

On BPM -- Restart the service through the gui.

After completing I'll try to re-deploy those scripts back to the problemed BPM station and see if they run as per schedule.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

After requesting BSM update and restarting BSM, I assinged a script that was not running properly before. After letting it run for a day I checked the reports, and no data could be found.

Unfortunately this did not solve the issue. From what I can tell from running previous reports it only wants to run on Mondays.......

0 Likes
JLightfoot Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I have an intermittent issue where a BPM will stop running. On one of them, I noticed that the BPM process was at 100% of its CPU. When this happens, I can usually get them started again by stopping and then starting BPM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.