Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BSM 9.25 - LDAP Integration, ldap.userDisplayNameAttribute

Hi,

We've successfully integrated BSM 9.25 with LDAP (Active Directory). We're using sAMAccountName as login but in our client's organization it's in number format, like 100200300.

We've tried changing ldap.userDisplayNameArrtibute do something like displayName as we found out that in LDAP it contains "real" user name (i.e. surname, name (organization) ).

We've been looking for a way to change user name label in BSM so it will no longer display "User: 100200300".

Is there even a way to do that ? 

uuid (i.e. login format in login page) has to stay as is, as our clinet uses those SSO numbers everywhere.

Regards,

Blichew

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: BSM 9.25 - LDAP Integration, ldap.userDisplayNameAttribute

It was fine up to 9.24.  In the platform -> configuration -> foundation -> LDAP configuration, change the display name from cn to displayName.  No need to recycle the services.  Just log in and log off will work.

In 9.25, it was changed to LDAP global configuration.  And I changed the same display to displayName.  However, it does not work.

Now sure if there is a bug in 9.25 or it needs to change somewhere else to display the name.

Thanks,

Rufeng

Rufeng
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.